The Storm

rcapone

Wow... That's impressive! And I thought my Fluidyne was big. Haha. That thing is awesome! Looks like a great plug and play kit too! Harness and controller, temp sensor, everything. Very nice. I'm jealous. :thumbs:

Does the harness also control the pump? Or do you need to wire that to your fuel pump relay trigger?

Thanks man, I'm all about the plug and play! :cool:

Not completely sure on the relay controller. I think it may be set up to kick the fans on either high or low depending on the temp. and temp settings. I know there is a provision to keep the pump and fans running after you turn the truck off so it cools off faster than if it were just sitting there. That setup would be sweet for a long day at the track.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Randy, I don't mean to backtrack but when you mounted your ice box did you make it removeable?I have the same Dad's ice box and battery tray and I was trying to figure out how to mount the ice box like a battery so I could remove it if I have to but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks man, I'm all about the plug and play! :cool:

Not completely sure on the relay controller. I think it may be set up to kick the fans on either high or low depending on the temp. and temp settings. I know there is a provision to keep the pump and fans running after you turn the truck off so it cools off faster than if it were just sitting there. That setup would be sweet for a long day at the track.

Yup. This is the benefit of electric water pumps. The mechanical pumps are RPM dependent. If you do a 10second run, then come back and shut it off, that heat just soaks. Electrics are nice because you can park it, leave the pump and fans on, and it'll cool much faster. Which is nice when your next run is coming up soon.

I'm going to order a relay box and wire everything with override switches. Fans, pumps, etc. Also gotta get a vacuum block. I noticed that my 2300 doesn't have the NPT threads for a Hobbs switch. So I'll just have a block tapped into the lower intake, then run the Hobbs, Fuel pressure regulator, methanol, or whatever.

Randy, I don't mean to backtrack but when you mounted your ice box did you make it removeable?I have the same Dad's ice box and battery tray and I was trying to figure out how to mount the ice box like a battery so I could remove it if I have to but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

No prob man. Yeah, mine is removable. Your Dad's Box should have two little square bars welded to the bottom of each side of the tank. He welded mine slightly above the bottom weld on the tank, so I had to dremel the top of the back bar to get it to slide under the stationary mount on the back of the battery tray. The other side is held down by the plastic block and bolt that's made to secure a regular battery (sold separately from Chevy).

Here you can see the front square bar he welded

IceBox.jpg

My Maggie kit came with one Walbro 255 in tank pump to replace the stock pump. That pump with the ID 1000's got me to 11psi but was maxed out, hence the reason for the double pumper fuel system upgrade so I can add more boost :burnout:

Excited to see how yours does on 15psi!

Me too man! I may even push the envelope to a little more than 15 :fart:

You know, I thought about running a smaller wheel and drag radials, but at the end of the day, I decided I wanted my truck to represent the exact same time it produced at the track when driving around town looking for a street race. Don't tell anyone, but once I made that decision, I upgraded my front Wilwoods to the 16" rotor too - which I'm still waiting on btw. I just hope my decision to lower the gears in my trans pays off

Thanks Jason, yeah, I can't wait to get this baby buttoned up and to the drag strip!

Anyone want to take some guesses on the 1/4 mile time? I'm going to say 11.52

New mods / upgrades since the 12.00 are: ice box, LPE exchanger, 2.75 1st gear & 1.57 2nd, TPIS 102mm, 3.0 pulley (around 15psi) and e85 fuel system