The Storm

rcapone

relocate old pump under or near new tank and run bottom front outlet hole in new tank to pump and pump out to super charger in then out of SC to aftercoolers and back to top hole in new ice tank ... :thumbsup:

Can you post up a pic of exactly where you mounted your pump? Before I start moving everything around, I'd like to have a good spot for it already picked out, problem is, I don't see one near/under the ice box. The pump I'm running is the Bosch 0392022002

relocate old pump under or near new tank and run bottom front outlet hole in new tank to pump and pump out to super charger in then out of SC to aftercoolers and back to top hole in new ice tank ... :thumbsup:

I find this interesting. I figured reservoir to heat exchanger, then to supercharger, then to reservoir, so you're lowering temps of coolant before it reaches supercharger. But then I guess if you do it that way, it'll heat soak the reservoir... So reservoir, to supercharger, to cooler, to reservoir is the way to go huh?

I ditched the Bosch pump and bought this when I upgraded to the bigger Fluidyne heat exchanger.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/lpe/files/attachments/L330030709%20CTSV%20High%20Flow%20Intercooler%20Pump%20Upgrade%20Kit%20v1.0.pdf

I find this interesting. I figured reservoir to heat exchanger, then to supercharger, then to reservoir, so you're lowering temps of coolant before it reaches supercharger. But then I guess if you do it that way, it'll heat soak the reservoir... So reservoir, to supercharger, to cooler, to reservoir is the way to go huh?

I ditched the Bosch pump and bought this when I upgraded to the bigger Fluidyne heat exchanger.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/lpe/files/attachments/L330030709%20CTSV%20High%20Flow%20Intercooler%20Pump%20Upgrade%20Kit%20v1.0.pdf

That's the way mine's set up right now with the tiny Maggie reservoir (if you want to call it that), but remember, mine was a complete kit from Magnuson which had installation instructions from the factory: out of SC, into reservoir, into pump, into heat exchanger, back into SC. You guys got the jackshaft which is what they call their hot rod kit and has no instructions since they weren't made for our trucks. What Eddie's saying def. makes sense with the addition of an ice box when you're using it as an ice box, that is. What about every day driving though? You obviously can't pull over every few miles and keep adding ice, so the million dollar question is - does this way work just as good or better than the factory says to install everything WITHOUT adding the ice for DD? ...This is also why I was thinking to just install another pump after the new ice box. If I were to keep everything where it is now, add the ice box but no pump after it, I don't think it would flow into the SC properly unless there was another pump or a relocated pump to where Eddie's saying.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

I have my ice water come out of ice box /reservoir to pump and right into super charger IAT never get above 100* at track. Then out of super charger to two heat exchanger with two electric fans that I turn on from inside of truck . [i run two bags of ice per run] .,,,even on street with no ice the dads reservoir holds over 2gal of water - boost cooler ....this is a great track set up. As for the street no ice INT still very low....

Lol. What do you do for a living? Rob banks? Sling coke? :jester:

Lmao that's a good one B. Naaa Randy is just like us man busts ass everyday to spend on his toys. Looking good buddy. Those sure would look god on one of my Blue's Lol :)

Damn those are huge. Do you mind if I ask how much those were?

Yeah, the dude I ordered them from sent me that pic and those are probably slightly larger than the one's I'll be getting. Wilwood makes a 16" front rotor kit for our trucks but I got the 14.25" for all 4 corners so I have the option to run an 18" rim If I choose. The 16" rotor (probably the caliper in that pic) requires a 20" rim minimum.

Mine were $3500 with blue calipers (6 piston fronts & 4 piston rears) + 14.25" drilled and slotted rotors

Lmao that's a good one B. Naaa Randy is just like us man busts ass everyday to spend on his toys. Looking good buddy. Those sure would look god on one of my Blue's Lol :)

Thanks Jason - you're right, those would look KILLER on the Denali and the SS!! ...What's another 7g's in the grand scheme of things?!?!

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)