The Storm

rcapone

BALLER!!! :lol:

That's pretty sweet! They sell a pre built bucket and everything huh? What's that canister in the 6th pic? Filter? What psi Hobbs switch you get?

Yeah, I was impressed - instructions & everything...totally plug n play too!

I picked up an '04 fuel bucket from a member here for a hundy and he modded it. The Hobbs is 4psi and yeah, that's the inline fuel filter in the 6th pic

He claims it'll support over 1000 rwhp

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Yeah, I was impressed - instructions & everything...totally plug n play too!

I picked up an '04 fuel bucket from a member here for a hundy and he modded it. The Hobbs is 4psi and yeah, that's the inline fuel filter in the 6th pic

He claims it'll support over 1000 rwhp

Oh I wouldn't doubt it. That's a sweet system.

You're going to be dangerous on e85. Haha as if you weren't fast enough :lol: (no such thing)

How much boost do you plan to run? Your bottom end is still stock right?

As much boost as that maggie can put out, lol! Yeah, I hear these motors can handle 15psi or so, which is probably where I'll be this Spring at the track. Yea, bottom end is all stock

Yeah. Hell, justin ran ~14psi in his stock block for years. You'll be fine if your tune is spot on. Zippy will keep you safe. :troll:

Very excited to see how this moves out when you're done. You seem to have all the right parts to get the job done, and then some. Thing looks mean and has the muscle to back it up. Great job so far Randy. We're all so proud of you. :jester:

Thanks man, I appreciate that! I'm hoping the gear change will get those 22 x 10's rollin outta the hole much better. This reminds me - I sent those trans gears to Chuck at FLT and he said they were garbage + no one else makes them for the 97 and up 4L80e, BUT Coan racing does make a much better version of that gearset http://www.coanracing.com/Catalog.asp?ProductDetail=1946 for the '97 and older 4L80's, so that's what's on the way. I would be very happy if changing from the 3.3 to 3.0 pulley, e85, TPIS 102 TB and the new trans will get me to 11.5 :mellow:

That's strange about the gears. So are you gonna return the ones you bought already?

I'm sure you'll be 11.5 or faster. I've seen truck do it on what seems like a lot less. So, why did you have to take the TPIS off? You had it on already at one point right?

Yeah, I slapped the TPIS it on last summer and truck wouldn't run without going into limp mode so I shipped it back to Ray and ran that 12.00 with a stock 90mm LS2. He's since gotten a calibration device from the dude who makes the x-link so the 102's will work now without question. I actually just got off the phone with him and he's coming to Procharger this Monday which is like 2 miles from my house...he's delivering a newly calibrated TPIS then too.

And yeah, I already shipped the gears back to Hughes - Chuck's building me a whole new trans around those Coan gears :cool:. He claims to have it shipped out to me next week too!

Can I Get an RB?? :) :) Randy=RB. Haha got ya

:huh: lol

Hey Randy, What made you decide to go with the 2300 over a Procharger? Especially when they are so close to you..

I actually was going to buy a Procharger first - that's how I found out their complex was right down the street from me. If I remember correctly, I started a thread where I asked what mods I should do with a certain amount of $ and a lot of the guys who responded really liked the Maggie because of the low end torque and sound. I then did a little research between the two, found out that Chevy uses the Magnacharger, then decided on the Maggie because of the better launch with less stall, which would in theory, be better city driving :cool: I'm actually very happy with the TVS and the unbelievably good drivability around town. Too bad I didn't have the chance to actually drive a Procharged vehicle VS. a Manacharged ride before I made a decision...oh well - I'm sure the Procharger is awesome too and may have chose differently if my intended use was different. I'm sure GM looked at all the different reasons between the SC's on the market today before making their decision - this swayed me more than anything.