The Storm

rcapone

After a week of searching on and off for the plug and pigtail that connect to the Flex Fuel Sensor (part # 12146121) + actually buying the connector (part # 12146121) online, which didn't come with the pigtail and basically rendered it useless, + 3 trips to the local Chevy dealer, the Chevy Parts guy finally decided to call GM because there was no listing in their book for what I needed. Oh yeah it only set me back $47.00 :mad: The plug AND pigtail needed for the Flex Fuel Sensor is....8898-7992!!!

More "uneventful" parts showing up for my trans swap, Flex Fuel Sensor and Ice Box plumbing

Homemade wire harness for the Flex Fuel Sensor

20150220_144430.jpg

New Trans lines and -6 AN fittings

20150220_144245.jpg

Ice Box plumbing - still waiting on 3/4" braided stainless lines

20150220_144957.jpg

CUT IT OUT!!!! :lol:

I'm getting jealous. :jester:

In all honesty, that pump is badass. That pump with that exchanger and those fans are an incredible set up. You'd never worry about IATs again.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

CUT IT OUT!!!! :lol:

I'm getting jealous. :jester:

In all honesty, that pump is badass. That pump with that exchanger and those fans are an incredible set up. You'd never worry about IATs again.

Bro, WTF man - you were supposed to say something like, "don't do it", or "that's a waste of money"...now my CC's maxxed the F*** out because of you Brandon :idiot:

Seriously though, after doing research on the LPE's pump flow test here SC%20Pump%20Test.jpg

Then knowing how balls deep I'm already into this build and taking a look at my tiny heat exchanger here TransCoolerheatexchanger.jpg

It's almost a waste of money to upgrade the fuel system, re-plumb my whole system for the new Ice Box, slap on the smaller pulley, etc, etc, without making sure my IAT's are low enough so I can go faster, lol I SWEAR THIS IS THE LAST MOD I'M MAKING FOR AT LEAST A YEAR! :crazy:

I'm hoping that monster exchanger will fit in front of my 40k since, not only would it save me time and headache of lowering it down into the bumper grille, but since those fans are feeders, I think it would help cool the trans cooler while sitting in traffic on a hot summer day.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

I can understand all the spending getting scary Randy, (Especially if, Like me, you haven't always had it to spend), but I love to see a working dude like I've been my whole life, be successful enough to chase a dream like you are doing with your truck. 20 years from now you'll have some great memories of this process, and with luck still have an awesome one of a kind truck.

As long as you've got the basics covered, (rent / mortgage, health and chow), go for it. :cheers:

I can understand all the spending getting scary Randy, (Especially if, Like me, you haven't always had it to spend), but I love to see a working dude like I've been my whole life, be successful enough to chase a dream like you are doing with your truck. 20 years from now you'll have some great memories of this process, and with luck still have an awesome one of a kind truck.

As long as you've got the basics covered, (rent / mortgage, health and chow), go for it. :cheers:

Thanks for helping me reason with my insanity John...NOW, would you mind coming over and trying to do that with my 'ol lady, lol? I have worked very hard to get where I am today and this being my first high performance build, it's not only exciting but extremely addicting!

Thanks for helping me reason with my insanity John...NOW, would you mind coming over and trying to do that with my 'ol lady, lol? I have worked very hard to get where I am today and this being my first high performance build, it's not only exciting but extremely addicting!

Having a wife / companion in the mix has got to complicate things. I am a long time bachelor and probably wouldn't be much help in explaining the attraction of the mod budget. Sorry Brother. Wish I could help.