Raced an AWD BMW X6 4.4 V8 Twin Turbo

BLOWN SS/T

Leaving work and I see a text saying an X6 wants to race me. I'm all for a fun run and I had plans but I was game lol. I asked messing around how much, and they ask me to throw a number (anyone that knows me, knows I"ll run for free Im all for the love of the sport lol) I say shit enough for a beer, and they say $200. So I say wow that serious huh lol, and they answer yes. I say let me get home and pick up the truck and we'll meet and arrange something.

I show up and guy says oh ya I saw you street race a couple weeks ago, so anyways we get to BS'n and say well you wanna race for $200 how much space you wanna give me, grin lol

Just trying to get an idea of how fast he think he is, so he throws out 1 car length, I say 2, he says that's a lot lets do it for $100, I say well give me the car leght and the go for $100 ( anyone that street races knows what the go is worth grin lol) we get to racing and from the jump Im up front and hold off till the finish line. I feel bad cuz I don't like to race for $, so I give him another free run or 2 and when I see I'm pretty much robbing him with the 1 and the go I say hey I'll tell you what lets just say you owe me one race only for $100 and ill race you again heads up for another $100 that way you win back your money and we stay even if you beat me. He's all game so we end up doing that run twice cuz he forgot to put the truck in sport mode. All the runs but last I leave easy on the throttle to not break the tires loose. Surprisingly this truck is quick and if we kept going for longer he'd easily pass me up, and I was scarred I was gonna loose lol. Guy said stock they put out about 550 whp idk if that's true or not, but I seen some tuned truck like it running 12's on youtube lol

Also this guys cousin has a S/C SSS that I've been trying to race but they keep coming up with something lol, BMW owner says he raced the s/c SSS and beat him lol. I just wanna race it to say I ran one in my bolt on truck lol

I have vids I'll check them out tomorrow or following day to see which is best and post them for you guys. I'll a little passed drunk and have to get up early to head out to Pismo Beach Area tomorrow or might do Hollywood for the day. And I got an x pipe I received sitting next to me on the couch that I'm gonna try and get welded on to the wifes Jeep before we leave out of town lmao, if I can wake up early enough.

Good night SSS peeps

Those things are fast. What happened the other guy couldn't get out the hole? That's where you beat him at? Was it close to a 1/4 mile run? There's one around here I wanna catch up with.

Thanks guys, yes it was fun lol.

Jason, the runs were I was a car length ahead and the go, well its just one of those things were if you give the go it takes a bit for you to react. Seeing at the end of those races I figured it'd be a really fair heads up race so that's when I said lets do a heads up run.

Going heads up on the video I uploaded I went heavier on the throttle off the line, on they other runs I left alittle light on the throttle and then moving out laid into it. Off the line the X6 seems alittle sluggish, but past 100' it moves no joke.

When I took a car length head start, I think by the 1/4 I was around 3-4 car lengths ahead, heads up around 2 car lengths ahead. They are quick, I'd hate to see a modded one.

Anyways I'll post the youtube links, most videos were off peoples phones, I haven't been able to find my gopro mount. I ony uploaded a few vids.

Burnout with cutout closed

http://youtu.be/2OaMmvaNtIk

http://youtu.be/UKfBlpq2AUo

SS vs X6 1 and the go

http://youtu.be/JhJVENOMdG4

Heads up side view

http://youtu.be/knH1zKvbfB4

Rear view heads up

http://youtu.be/EmYWTqah1OM

Edited by BLOWN SS/T (see edit history)

Truck is running good and sounds good too. Congrats on the kills. Maybe u can catch one at the track and show him my tail lights lol

Thanks

Only difference from my runs at the track are a 90mm TB that I ported with an x link. I have an underdrive pulley on the way, and I think I'll do a 17" wheel out front first then swap the headers out for 1 7/8", and I need to hurry with a cam and tune lol

I think your truck would be a good match with one, youll be able to hold em off longer being that you have a cam, where as my truck in 3rd just falls on its face cuz it lacks power lol

I think track is open this Friday.aybe I can get a couple good passes in and get a couple vids. It's funny to me when you beat guys and there like WTF haha. I plan on changing out the wheels n getting TBSS intake n tb by the end of the year.

I think track is open this Friday.aybe I can get a couple good passes in and get a couple vids. It's funny to me when you beat guys and there like WTF haha. I plan on changing out the wheels n getting TBSS intake n tb by the end of the year.

Ya it's exactly why I bought a truck lol

What wheels you plan on going with?

And you'd defiantly benefit greatly from atleast a TBSS intake, much more top end power over the stock one. Look out for them sometimes you can find a deal. I bought mine complete for only $120 shipped and I saw one go for about the same recently. A mod worth well the little trouble, the only set back is the cost of the dam x link (too much $ for no HP gains from it IMO lol) which is why I first ran the stock 78mm TB with it.

I have a set of 16" alum wheels my buddy is giving me. Just don't know when tire to run yet. I have stock brakes so i think they should fit. Our track prep is crap I spin the 305/50/20's a little almost every single pass. I'm always a 1.81 to 1.88 in the 60ft so I think I'll be able to pick up a little. It's so hot here I really don't wanna run lol.

I think the 16's work all the way around on your truck. @ a 1.8 60' that's pretty darn good with the 20's lol I can barely break a 1.8 with the slicks.

Do you remember if Chase ran better times with the 18" DR's? I remember him posting about making passes on the DR's w/o bed cover or tail gate and then he took them off and made another pass and had ran a PB at that time with the 22's.
AWD trucks have the 4.10 gear so i'd play with online gear deal thing to figure out size tire would be best for you.

That's what I was thinking also. Brad doesn't run slicks either on his. I'll get with him n see what tire he runs. Only gonna be track wheels n tires. Yeah the 1.8 is impressive with the wheels n tires n just a 3k stall.

^^You guys are killing me, TBSS intake for $120?! I would pay more gladly if I could get one this summer (need to find one). I only belong to this site but wow I guess I need to join others to start on the lookout. I may also be putting some nice summer tires on my 18s with the other bolt-on mods. I thought the TBSS intake would run a lot more (around a thousand). Have not been around much but back and want to play :chevy:

I will also add bmws are good from the starts, nothing special but not bad N/A wise (my truck will keep up). Personally the N/A are my choice, those Euros have some great giddy up at high speeds even with the awd. The old 97-98 M3's are impressive when it comes to tuning before they tweaked the engines/computers and they became a PITA to tune, and the power to weight ratio is amazing.