Too much duration?

just curious, if it's just that easy to get into 11's... why are you only setting your goal to run mid 12's WITH the help of the bottle? I must be missing something here... Isn't everyones goal to be as fast as possible?

you're right, I misread your other post. But regardless, if you already have a killer intake, 243 heads and a big stall on the way, why not take your heads to the to the next level, swap cams, throw on some lighter wheels with good DRs and run 11's NA all the time and not even need the bottle?

you're right, I misread your other post. But regardless, if you already have a killer intake, 243 heads and a big stall on the way, why not take your heads to the to the next level, swap cams, throw on some lighter wheels with good DRs and run 11's NA all the time and not even need the bottle?

Because 11s NA with stock cubes probably isn't going to happen.

He has you there August. Before you go into the "you only need" speech you should remember that not all of the members on here are new at this. You can make an SSS run in the 11's N/A on a stock short block I have no doubt in that, but what you'll end up with is a truck that really is streetable, but not a street truck. You don't buy a truck with a top notch luxury package and then build it into something only meant to race which is part of the reason 11's N/A on stock cubes hasn't been done yet. Shadow Sniper has the parts to possibly touch a high 11 in perfect air and just may get there if the drive to do so isn't lost. He also has a bit more room for more mods yet. The cable drive trucks have it easier since they can use a 4bbl style throttle body which gains hp in the upper rpm which is where a drag truck/car runs. You have said already that your last time at the track was in the 14's which was very slow for your mods. Now we should believe that you have a handle on it and are ready for mid 12's??? Back to the magical V2 cam, where is the video of a truck with a "bit of mods" running an impressive number on motor alone?

Well rats looks like it's back to the drawing board. I was thiiiiiisssssss close to ordering that cam and a 5k stall this morning too so I could be in the fast club... Hey where the Heck are my smiley face buttons?!?! Stupid phone

and make it rwd. The point was that its a good cam and stall only with some room to grow heads cam intake stall gears swap to rwd and bam 11s ha as much as y'all hate it when I say thats pretty much how it is. I am keeping my truck streetable. its all up to whoever wants to go that far out I want 12s NA and 11s on spray because I will still have some gas in the tank when I drive down the street and back. 11 NA well thats up to you if you want to go that far. I'll provide some video proof of a good cam and stall run for the sss with a torquer v2

I'm sure it is a great cam. There are a lot of off the shelf as well custom grind cams that show leaps and bounds of improvements over the stock setup, especially when paired with the right parts to compliment it. I think what rubs me the wrong way and maybe some other fellas on here too is that you make it out to be an end all be all cam that with a high stall and TBSS intake manifold would put our 6,000 lb pigs into the 11's EASILY. Now I for one am smart enough to know that that simply isn't true and I know there are a lot of even more experienced vets on here that agree.

Hmm the torquer v2 is a good cam though what's the problem? I believe the torquer is a pretty good cam for little bit mods on a 6.0. All you need is stall and cam with that one. And if you want to mod it more heads intake and gears you will be in the 11s easy in this truck all motor

Now normally when I see bad intel with good intentions I bite my tongue and smile... But some day, some more gullable soul is going to stumble across your infinite wisdom and initially rip around town with LT headers, a big cam and TBSS intake manifold with over maxed out stock injectors. If his motor survives the constant puddling of fuel on top of the valves everytime he mashes the skinny pedal, he will later go out and re-gear his truck, throw in the legendary (dare I say) Torque V2 cam, some TFS heads and a 9000 RPM stall and be disappointed when he isn't making single digit passes. I know if I was that young buck trying to learn how to make my truck fast, I would want solid, proven intel so I don't waste thousands of my hard earned dollars only to be disappointed with the outcome. Maybe everyone else is rich and doesn't think twice about what parts they have to buy but Uncle Sam doesn't pay this US Sailor enough for me to be careless.

Besides, I'm sure if that was the perfect, super fast, killer combo, it would have been discovered much sooner than Jun 2014 and everyone of us would have already done it.

AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDD. end rant

Edited by that1dood (see edit history)

You must have missed the entire conversation. I have added on to that list and of course I can keep adding and adding and adding the amount of serious mods you will need but I just posted the basics on that post. I would be wasting my time adding every single mod to run 11s on an NA setup to every one that wants to run quick but isn't really going to do it. If you aren't serious then why are posting? I can say that I am quicker than you. whether you choose to take my advice or not I was just trying to help you out a bit but it turned into this. Lol wasting my time on this dang post with y'all who choose not to believe. And don't worry man no random person should come on the post and just add the mods I claimed on here without talking to anyone before they spend 5gs yeah there might be someone out there that stupid but that has nothing to do with me. Now we are getting ridiculous here. Well I am done with this post and replying to some of you who only reply for bitter reasons. Next time I'll post it will have something to do with my run at the track hoping mid 12s after this conversation.

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

IF you are talking to me, I would agree that you are faster than me, for now... Like I said prior, I don't get paid enough to buy every part I want every time I get a wild idea. As glorious being a defender of this wonderful country is, the pay isn't quite on par with the glamour, although I do have some BIG plans for after my next trip to the sandbox. Additionally, I never asked for your help or advice, but that you anyways. I am completely serious and sincere in most of my posts. Sure sometimes I post things with sarcasm but I am really not a true by nature. Sometimes I see an opportunity that is just too good to pass up, but who hasn't?? Just like everyone else on this site, I really wish the best of luck to you and your endeavors however misguided or unrealistic they are. As far as you later on including the additional mods required to reach the times you initially claimed, that's called backpedaling and it's really doesn't build credibility for anyone. A lot of guys (myself included) know it's a lot more complex than you made it sound but there are probably an equal amount that don't who also don't read every post in their entirety. I like the think the senior members think out their informative posts to help guide the less knowledgeable enthusiasts, not set them up for failure.