Trouble installing air ram

I just got the volant cold air intake with the air ram and there doesn't seem to be room between the wheel well and the inside of the grill to get the tube through. Did anyone with this set up have to cut the wheel well or what I can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

ya i got it i was just trying to do it wrong. but i have a new problem now the tube that connects to the throttle body is too big. Even with the rubber grommet and the clamp as tight as i can get it it still moves around not sealed

Edited by akryanak (see edit history)

the ram fit fine i was just doing it wrong a guy at auto zone told me he thought the clamp it came with was not strong enough to put it on but i think I'm gonna try and find some sort of rubber ring to help close the gap with the throttle body its pretty close was yours a tight fit when you first slid it on?

Edited by akryanak (see edit history)

i would contact Volant about the grommet being to large. on the ram air tube, i used 2 heavy duty zip ties to secure the tube to the bumper bracket, keeps it tight and out of the way of the tire, and if your clamps loosen some the tube won't drop down on the ground.. i have had the old style Volant on since late 03, and the grommets are still pretty tight, i tighten my clamps with a 5/16" box wrench to give a little more clamping power than just using a big screw driver..

good luck

• 1 month later...

FYI- I wanted to add to this topic on the lower air tube, mine does not fit well. it is as far forward as possible and is in the inner plastic wheel well area about 3/4 of and inch and the tire rubs on tight turns on the inner wheel well. Plus the lower tube bolt did not line up with the frame bracket bolt your suppose to attach it to. So I tapped a hole for another bolt, which came out to be 3/4 away from the frame bolt the directions say to attach it to.