Peak speed shop

I seen that these guys port out the stock intake for around 400 bucks was wondering if anyone has tryed running one of these they also swap the throttle body mount to the newer 4 bolt but retain the original ss Silverado intake the process looked pretty cool aftermarket intake porting in stock form on the outside

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wanna change out my stock intake for something else that's why I was thinking of running the ported stock intake with a ported stock tb just a quick swap without having to mess with fuel lines or anything

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

I could be way off here, but i thought i heard peak wont port the tbss intake anymore because of how weak it becomes. Again, i could be way off, but i thought i read that over at PT.net when i was doing my research on the swap.

Right now I'm locked into needed a few other items for my build and doing the tbss intake I would have to swap not just the intake but upgrade the fuel , change out the throttlebody and purchase an xlink to operate the throttlebody the price of the xlink alone would compare to a ported stock intake&throttlebody I'm just trying to get more air that is more equal to all cylinders mainly I was just wondering if anyone has used one of these or know someone who has used one.

Right now I have arh LT cattless and staight through magna-flow round mufflers dumping out before the passenger tire it seems like the stock intake is sipping through a straw compared to the free flowing exhaust.

I'm about to put some boost to the engine and figured one of these intakes would help for now until I get passed finishing what I got going on the truck now

The cost of the tbss intake gets expensive with the x link.

I just did another tbss intake swap on Saturday with the TB adapter, there super easy IMO and worth the time.

Best thing to do is buy an adapter for your stock TB and later buy the x link so the cost isn't too high. It's what I did and I definitely benefited with a gain in power and et with this swap. And just recently I bought a new x link.

The cost of the tbss intake gets expensive with the x link.

I just did another tbss intake swap on Saturday with the TB adapter, there super easy IMO and worth the time.

Best thing to do is buy an adapter for your stock TB and later buy the x link so the cost isn't too high. It's what I did and I definitely benefited with a gain in power and et with this swap. And just recently I bought a new x link.

Then you're the guy i need to talk with to iron out the grey areas with the swap.

I will give you an update what I'm putting together so far I've got a vortech si head unit that they claim will produce 15lbs of boost and the bracket to mount the head unit also I have a intercooler good to 750hp that I plan to mount similar to a procharger setup.

I still need to run pipe also vortech informed me ill need to mount a blow off valve between the head unit and intercooler I'm thinking I'm gonna get a turbosmart bubba sonic I also need to run oil feed and return for the head unit and fuel pressure & boost gauge.

At the time all this gets done my truck will be getting towed to my tuner for a cam,c5r timing chain,pushrods,valve seals,valve springs,60lb injectors, boost a pump to overdrive the fuel pump and a upgraded ls6 oil pump and then a tune I'm not sure how much power it will have after all of this its kinda gonna be a surprise how much power it will make.

That's why I'm thinking of just swapping for a ported stock intake and throttlebody for the cost of $425.00 I can always upgrade to something else when money replenishes after the original build is done I think it will at least equally flow to all 8 cylinders cause it seems looking at the inside view of the stock intake on peak speed shops web site it doesn't

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)