Peak speed shop

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you man you might be dissapointed. Wait till you can do a tbss swap. Tbss intake $125 injectors $150-$400 xlink and throttle body $350-$600 choose to adapt the fuel rails and save money or buy the tbss ones and get a fuel regulator injector ev6 pig tails $40 or so the most you will be looking at will be 1200 for the swap that's if you choose the expensive injectors and the ls2 tb

I could be way off here, but i thought i heard peak wont port the tbss intake anymore because of how weak it becomes. Again, i could be way off, but i thought i read that over at PT.net when i was doing my research on the swap.

sorry I didn't see your post when I talked to peak I was told they use to split the intake to port them and now they port them through the throttle body hole so that might have been the issue your talking about.

The concern I had when i called was if there ported stock intake could handle the boost I have planned for it he said there would be no problem boost away

Seems like the better question in your case is which intake is better suited for boost.

If it's cut in half I'd be somewhat concerned about the structural integrity of this intake.

I don't think you can go wrong with the TBSS, but I'd look into what runner style of the 2 intakes is best for your needs

FYI

I paid $125 for an intake with fuel rails

$25 for the TB adapter

Some of my time to port the stock TB (not necessary but I figured it couldn't hurt plus I had some free time)

And I had some fun time installing the new intake.

I swapped in my injectors as to not require a tune, but I'm sure it could benefit from one considering the intake is different.

So for me it was $150 for the swap, not a bad deal if you ask me for the gains received per dollar spent. Now the x link on the other hand lol, that's $225 where I've yet have seen a gain from, but at they end every little bit helps.

I'd do what I did at first and later when money is right buy the harness and bigger TB, you'd be better off since your planning for boost.

Goodluck

The intake I was asking if anyone has tryed is a stock intake ported not a tbss intake they use to split the intakes in half to port but as stated in past post in this thread they don't port the intakes like that anymore do to problems they go through the throttlebody hole to port them now

checkout peak speed shops website if you have questions on these intakes

I would like to keep the illusion of running a stock intake but ported to gain air flow I like the stock look and don't want a tbss intake I already know of the gains from them just interested in trying something different

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

There is not much boost to be had on a stock intake.

do you have any experience with a ported stock intake cause you keep giving advice about a stock intake thats already on my truck

I already know the stock intake that is untouched doesn't flow well I agree on that but unless you've used a ported stock intake then you really wouldn't know if it would help its just increasing air flow I think it would atleast do that

I'm not fired up at all I'm just trying to figure out how a thread asking about a ported stock intake turns into trying to steer me to jump on the tbss intake bandwagon if nobody has tryed the intake maybe its better then you think so far not one person has actually tryed the intake here.

I'm just looking for someone that's actually had one of these ill leave my stock intake on till after my build and find a different intake worst case scenario not really a big deal

I'm not trying to steer in the wrong direction or take you awhile for your idea of using the stock intake, I'm all for proving the impossible happen. My opinion for the TBSS intake is due to cost, ease of installation, and power gains, vs paying $425 for porting. I see they advertise 7 hp peak gain on our style intake with their porting and 9 for the tbss intake, the tbss swap alone has said to give something 15rwhp and 18lbs of tq. You'll still make power and boost using the stock intake, but I feel like the TBSS would be the better choice as it flow better.
For the $425 youll pay for porting services you could pay for the swap parts and gain more power then you would with the factory intake, the TBSS intake doesn't look much different then the stock, the fuel rails are different, and if you want it to look factory keep the harness routed on top of the intake vs routing it threw the back.

I'm not against either intake, I just feel for the cost you'd get more for your money, but if keeping the stock look is more important then the cost then go the porting route, would be interesting to see how it flows.
Have you talked to that shop and asked them for their opinion on which of the 2 intakes to run, maybe they can be more helpful, im sure they've flow tested both.

There web site said 425 and it is I have talked with them to see if it would handle boost and it will and they also said there porting helps it breath a lot better then stock if I was to do the tbss intake I would probably still get it from them ported with the NW throttlebody I just kinda like the look of our engine cover better then the tbss I only use the center one and no sides the tbss cover is kinda big