cam choice

Any reason why your choosing such a big cam? What kinda drivability are you looking for? Gonna need more parts too.

It's just what I seen that's why I was looking for input. They have a stage 2 that's not that aggresive. I want to do this right the first time. The trans already has the stall with about 1000 moles on it. 500 from a buddy of mine do I'm working around it so to speak.

I'm not a cam expert. If you have a trans with that still you wanna keep it all working together. I would spec out a cam that's not so big. I've never talked to Brian Tooley but a lot of guys have him spec out cams for there exact needs. You want your engine to work well with each other. Lots of other parts that you will need also. That would be my advise.

(1/2) Buddy the tranny I invested a lot on it it has racing blue clutches super servo beast drum z pack and everything u need to upgrade tranny brand new harnes...With yank 3400 stall. This is what my buddy just sent me on the tranny.

Did you just buy this truck? Are you only wanting to get a cam from that BTR? There's a lot good cam choices out there, probably be good to have one speced for your needs if you don't know which one to pick.

I'm also looking around for cam options right now, hoping to swap the stock out within a month or 2, and get this dam truck in the 12's already.

Did you just buy this truck? Are you only wanting to get a cam from that BTR? There's a lot good cam choices out there, probably be good to have one speced for your needs if you don't know which one to pick.

I'm also looking around for cam options right now, hoping to swap the stock out within a month or 2, and get this dam truck in the 12's already.

I've had it for around 4 months now. Just finally made up my mind just to stay naturally aspirated so it's time to start accumulating some parts. Basically just reading all the threads seeing what people have done.

You gonna be driving your truck daily? How many miles a day? All things you wanna address. Your not gonna pick up any fuel milage I can promise you. I'm at 9 to 11 depending on how heavy I press the skinny pedal. How do you want it to idle? You want low end tq? You want a high rever? All around good power? So many options. Personally I like mine. I don't think I'd go any bigger if I had it to do again.

You gonna be driving your truck daily? How many miles a day? All things you wanna address. Your not gonna pick up any fuel milage I can promise you. I'm at 9 to 11 depending on how heavy I press the skinny pedal. How do you want it to idle? You want low end tq? You want a high rever? All around good power? So many options. Personally I like mine. I don't think I'd go any bigger if I had it to do again.

It's my DD but I live about a mile from work. So mileage really isn't a issue. And yes my foot is on that skinny petal most of the time. I want to scare little kids at the red light with my idle if ya catch my drift lol.

I feel ya. Mine is a 114 but sounds more like a 112 it's pretty choppy. You can def hear the cam. I love the sound. Your not far from work so that's a plus. I have about 6.5 mile drive so no biggie. Well call Brian and have him spec you out a cam. Tell him about the trans and stall. Tell him how aggressive you want it to be, sound, run ect. He will dial you right in. Your gonna need some bigger injectors. I'd also put some new pushrods in. Gonna need some springs which he can get for you also. Maybe check your timing chain to make sure it's not to sloppy. You can use stock rocker arms.