Bombard Ford SVT with faxes !!!! re: Lightning

Extreme4x4

You gotta look at the cold hard facts that todays oil and gas prices are soaring knowing if and thats a big "if" Ford brought back the lightning not that many would buy cause of the gas prices of today, especially with GM, if GM produced a truck that would knock out Dodge in the sport world of fast trucks, they would have to find some way to figure out on how it would hold up with todays economy, and knowing GM which i do they got something in store with the competition with dodge, its time that some people dont have for this sport truck to come out.

I loved the look of both the new and concept lightnings. They are sweet trucks. Just a while back ford was all gung-ho and enthused to beat the srt-10, and now they just want to give up and kill the lightning. BS ford wake up. Even Gm wouldnt let the SS die. :flag:

your lookin at it all worng!!!!!!! its not that the lightning is dead (well it is but it isnt?) its that the mustang cobra is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad assed if they need every svt guys on that project.

I have some questions, Now that they are supposedly KILLING the infamous Lightning.....is this going to make the resale value of vehicles such as the SRT-10 and 0lder lightning go up ? I thought the value of the SRT-10 would go up because it would now be deamed the FASTEST without a doubt production pick up, and older Lightnings would go up just because they dont make them anymore...Mainly Im asking because my dad has an 03 lightning with low low mileage and he was debating on getting rid of it, would it go for more now that they are not going to be produced again?

Jonathon K.

your lookin at it all worng!!!!!!! its not that the lightning is dead (well it is but it isnt?) its that the mustang cobra is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad assed if they need every svt guys on that project.

Rememer the threats from SVT to GM when the cobra came out with IRS, "watch out GM" yea right, gimme a F'n break, we'll see if the cobra ever out runs/handles a vette

:icon_bs::flag:

Sad to hear really. As far as the percussions for GM, it could be negative or positive. If GM had plans for something in the forseeable future, I doubt what Ford or Dodge does will influence or change it. GM seems to drum along at their own tune and could care less about anything other than a vette. At least in my opinion. I'll send the fax, but wonder how many mustang owners did the same for all the Chevy guys out there when the f-bodies went away. Doesn't matter really.

Gloria.....sounds like you had plane to buy one of the "new concept" Lightnings? Would have been intersting to see how it "actually" performed, for sure.

Archived