Can't wash my truck.....

kpcustoms

The town I live in has put in water restrictions and now I can't wash my truck at my house anymore.... And the only car wash in town worth a dam charges 50 bucks for a good wash

Oops put in wrong section

What about that waterless wash Adams sells? Maybe an option?

Remember that scene in The Three Amigos when they're riding through the desert and Steve Martin's canteen is empty, Martin Short's is full of sand, but Chevy's is full, and he gargling and spitting it out...then throws the whole canteen on the ground and all the water runs out...I'm Chevy here in WI and your Steve in CA :jester:

I wash my truck like every 3-4 days. On the flip side, we have winter, so you'll always have that over me lol!

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

Well if your vehicle is not that dirty you can always do a waterless car wash:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-440-adams-waterless-car-wash.aspx

or a rinsless car wash:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-1013-new-adams-rinseless-car-wash.aspx

Both of those products are amazing and will really help out in your situation, especially if your justt trying to keep it clean and its is not super dirty

I am going to be in the same boat very soon, they are about to shut off 2 of our cities water wells and we are going to also have water restrictions.

I am planning on doing a full detail on my truck here very soon, luckily I can just take my truck to my parents house, they are on there own separate private well.

Basically the same problem here in N.Central Texas.

Stage 5 drought restrictions. The city had to make up the rules for "Stage 5". Stage 4 was as far as we had ever had to go here before. Rumors are they are working out "Stage 6 now". Our lakes are under 25% capacity.... :(

Ya the lake here is at 10% and people wells are drying up bad. I work on a ranch alot of the time. so it gets DIRTY! In a day there is a layer of this fine dirt that makes me sad every time I see it. The do it yourself ones around here suck really bad. How much dirt can the waterless stuff handle? The ban isnt going to be lifted for several years apparently

Edited by kpcustoms (see edit history)

The rinsless car was is the best bet. It only requires 5 gallons. I would never recommend California duster. It's one of the worst things you can do to your paint. You really need some sort of lubrication to keep from scratching your clear coat.

We have an "endangered" suckerfish in our lake so the government won't let the water get below a certain level. So they shut off the water to our farmers and now they are shutting off water to us. And the lake is at 75%.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Wow nothing like shutting your farmers down who supply us with food for a fish. Priorities always in the wrong spot. Just like the Cali farmers years back shut there water off for some little ass fish that wasn't good for anything anyways. Sucks to have this happen but we don't make the laws anymore. I just washed mine 20 mins ago so prob gonna rain by noon.