First TIme To The Track

Normandy

Hey guys. So i took my SS to the track for the first time and I am happy to report I ran a 14.94@ 90mph with a 2.19 60'. So far I'm very impressed with the truck. I plan on installing my Volant Intake tomorrow and take her back to the track next week, :pepsicheer:

Sounds likes she is running like she should for a stock SS, nice job.

Thank you. I was actually expecting to run somewhere in the mid 15's. So needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. :dbanana:

Not a bad time at all. The Volant may pick you up a hair but not much. With some bolt on's and a good tune you will pick up. A good set of headers, Volant, n Tune prob put you closer to 14.4 area.

Dang lol nice I ran 14.7 with headers and cold air intake and tune

Wow. What was you MPH? What was the temperature when you ran? It was around 75 when I ran Friday.

DA = density altitude. It's a way to bring the air quality to a "absolute" value of sorts. If the DA is 2300, that means the air quality is currently like being at 2300 feet above sea level. The higher the DA the crappier your time will be because the air quality (density) worse. Temp and humidity all affect DA. When I said the DA was crappy, that means the temp and humidity were both high makes for a crappy pass.

DA = density altitude. It's a way to bring the air quality to a "absolute" value of sorts. If the DA is 2300, that means the air quality is currently like being at 2300 feet above sea level. The higher the DA the crappier your time will be because the air quality (density) worse. Temp and humidity all affect DA. When I said the DA was crappy, that means the temp and humidity were both high makes for a crappy pass.

Thanks for the explanation. :cheers: