Aftermarket grille worth buying

Based off of what I have read from all of you on this forum I'm not sure it's worth going for a different grille. It sounds like most of you aren't 100% happy with the clamp on styles? I would hate to join the club and buy something just to figure out how much I hate it due to shitty installation design or because you can see the old grille behind it. I would be up for a grille that would replace the stock one but can't see putting something over it. Only reason I want a grille now is because I just put the shopman bow tie on and the speed grille would set it off as it's the only I like but clamps over as well. Anyone know of a grille that actually replaces the OEM and not just covers it? Probably a sore topic but any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably lean torwards cutting the old out instead of having clamps and zip ties seen plus seeing the old grille behind it. So what's your top picks? Or should I ask what are you running? I try not to be too picky but when I buy stuff for any of my cars I want to buy it once. Thanks for the input as it all helps.

To be honest I like my bolt over fine from 20' then up close you can see that the fitment isn't perfect and it drives me crazy. ma6ahezu.jpgfrom a distance

y3y8apum.jpgand if you look closely at the top corners you can clearly see the stock grill when in person. Drives me bonkers.

Thanks for the pics slow roller. That's a real nice looking truck. You did good with the accessories. The wheels really were the cherry on top. My problem is I can't live with stuff like that. If it's not up to my liking I'm gonna try again or ditch that idea. I could care less what people see and think it's what I have to look at everyday in my garage. Thanks for the honesty and sharing that sweet slow roller. Perfect reason why if I did try a grille it would be the speed grille as I'm thinking the mesh would hide the OEM grille and other imperfections better.

Thanks again for sharing

Thanks :) I got them off eBay. Tons of diff companies make them. I got the headlights n bumper lights in a package deal with 6k hids. Bad thing is the bumper lights will get foggy when I have along of rain. I have half a tube of silicone around them too. Really like the look hate the moisture issues. Love my grill too it's Chrome. They also have it in SS and black.

That eBay deal looks pretty good. Others on here say to silicone the seals or you will have water issues. One last one for you. If you have the part number on that grille that would be cool?I think they sell it as two kits? One for the main grille and the other is for the lower and brake ducts. I'm hoping the combo looks as good on my red as it does on your blue.

I've had it since 05 I don't have a part number but I can try to find one and yes sir I bought it in 2 sets. I'll do some digging for it. I like it because not many people have it. Everyone has billet.

JC I always dare to be different as is part of the reason I bought this truck. I love limited production. Moving down from a cts v to this still kinda sucks but I moved from CA to AZ so I needed a truck. I'm looking to join you soon on that set up. Don't sweat digging around for me but I do appreciate the help. I think I located the right stuff. Gonna do chrome and I think it's about $250 for the 5 piece.

Alright just purchased my chrome speed grille thanks to all the input. Big shout out to JC03SS for steering me in the right direction. Will post pics. Won't have it for about 10 days. I said I wouldn't speed a dime on the SS until the Cadillac was done damn it. The sad part is that I'm haven't bought one speed parts it's only been cosmetics.

What she will look like. I did but the duct grilles as well but might follow this pics lead

post-25837-0-27520300-1403131478_thumb.jpg