This place needs something.

NipRing

Over on pt.net, it's a busy site, but it covers lots and lots of different trucks. I always thought this site was a bit slow but since its a bit of a niche truck, the slow traffic was to be expected :tumbleweed: . But lately i've been spending some time on tbssowners.com and man, they always have plenty of interaction goin on. It's a niche truck too, What do they have this place doesnt? Is it because there isnt any new trailblazers like there is new full size silverados?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over on pt.net, it's a busy site, but it covers lots and lots of different trucks. I always thought this site was a bit slow but since its a bit of a niche truck, the slow traffic was to be expected :tumbleweed: . But lately i've been spending some time on tbssowners.com and man, they always have plenty of interaction goin on. It's a niche truck too, What do they have this place doesnt? Is it because there isnt any new trailblazers like there is new full size silverados?

Ah, it could be. This site was poppin' back when I first started staying active. But we are looking at a truck that is soon to be a 10 year old newer generation truck. The Trailblazer site will prolly start fizzlin down a little bit before long. You will start to see long time members leaving, and then you start seeing more and more punk kids show up. You just got to start being the elder, and lead the way for the younger generation.

Except most of the elders that cleared out of here took their damn pics with em! lol!

True. LOL I consider myself a true senior member, though I am not much help with technical stuff. I can design a mean shirt though LOL!

go back 5 years ago this place was just as busy if not busier than the tbss site. these trucks are older now also and lots of people sold them.

Agree. It is just the rolling of the tide.

Any suggestions on increasing activity?

True that the SS trucks getting older might have something to do with this site being so slow. And the fact that some of the "older" members have sold off their SS's does not help either.

I think there are a few other things going on. There are lots of members that still have their SS's but they just stopped coming on to this site because of pointless bickering, un-knowledgeable people giving out advice, moderators banning people, and locking threads, as well as some other issues.

I have stuck around even after I sold my SS, but I check this site less and less, and I have not found too many reasons to be super active when the site is so slow.

But lately i've been spending some time on tbssowners.com and man, they always have plenty of interaction goin on. It's a niche truck too, What do they have this place doesnt? Is it because there isnt any new trailblazers like there is new full size silverados?

I'm a member on TBSSowners and will say it's a big family over there. I sold mine a couple of months back but wouldn't think about leaving the site for anything.

Besides TBSS nationals (where majority of the members show up and meet) Tony (NORCALSS) just runs a pretty tight ship.

Just one example:

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100173

We look out for ours! I never thought, over two years ago, I would be as involved with a site as I am over there. I am a moderator on that site as well, same s/n.

I have been here for like 4 year s or so, my last name was LaGinda01, i forgot the password and i never came back because of work and just havin some fun with new toys. Then one day i siad how is the sss fam,doing. Made a new profile and now im here agin.

Well if it helps yesturday i was at a lil truck meet over here in modesto,ca raced 2 trucks the first regular cab silverado and mine extended cab. Got him both times spining like no bodies business but once i hit 2nd gear truck got traction and took him by a truck or two. The Second one got me twice I spun like hell and he got away. It was a regular cab tundra. And yes im lookin on a posi trac, and a cat delete with a tune. Rite now i have a nice tune bu chpspecial witch i like alot, save a few pennies and get a nice cam swap on the 5.3 somthing like a ls6 or ls7. For now then in a year or so go with a Turbo. I have a story to tell a few weeks ago i was hauling some tables and chairs and a lil kid pulls up and says nice truck too me i say ok. He replys this is a ford and dodge killer. I say ok then he says wut i have in the teuck and say a v6, i was sheeting my insides when i siad that. Lol, i told him is that a 4 banger, i was lookin at the baged 5.7l. He says no its a 5.7l with 401hp with 450 lbs. ok. We wait like 40 seconds light turns green got him on the lonch and the long run. Once i hit my second gear chirpin the shit out of the 20's SS wheels. He didnt have a chance. Got to the next street got him on a 30 roll and that was it. No more tundra. At the other light guy passed me like he didnt even knew me. I got home and had a beer for the nice rush i had. I thought i was going to get a lesson not to play with tundras but the 01 gave me the nice smile of the day.

Agree. It is just the rolling of the tide.

Any suggestions on increasing activity?

This is a hard one. You would pretty much have to change the entire genre of the site to attract more users that are outside of the SSS box. I think there is a lot of great information on this site, but it sure could use some help