Rocker arms worth it?

See that's what I thought. I figured for the money compared to trunions it made sense. Wouldn't be as nice as 1.8s but still a worthwhile upgrade for the dollar. Otherwise why would people spend the money on the reunion upgrade

I've seen you and several others say the 1.8s are better than the 1.7s and I personally don't see why. If you plan on getting a new cam most are probably ground to be used with 1.7 rockers anyways. The only advantage to the 1.8s the way I see it is if you want more lift out of the cam you already have but don't want to change it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'd rather have the 1.7s myself. If it was me I'd get them.

Waste

Just upgrade the trunions. I wouldnt buy them expecting to profit off of a flip either. How do you know someone else is going to want to spend double for rockers that really dont help when you can upgrade the trunions for half?

I've seen you and several others say the 1.8s are better than the 1.7s and I personally don't see why. If you plan on getting a new cam most are probably ground to be used with 1.7 rockers anyways. The only advantage to the 1.8s the way I see it is if you want more lift out of the cam you already have but don't want to change it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'd rather have the 1.7s myself. If it was me I'd get them.

You are correct. 1.8s is an expensive way of adding a few horsepower on a stock cam, no point in running 1.8s with a custom cam on an application like this, the cam grind will net all gains need for the goal while retaining stock rocker ratio.

Waste

Just upgrade the trunions. I wouldnt buy them expecting to profit off of a flip either. How do you know someone else is going to want to spend double for rockers that really dont help when you can upgrade the trunions for half?

I could understand not buying anything or buying his buddies roller rockers for 180.00 but at this point doing a trunion upgrade makes zero sense to me. What's he going to do with the $40.00 he saves by doing trunions at this point. If he has a dog he could buy his dog a nice big bag of dog food with that $40.00 you guys saved him. lol

You are correct. 1.8s is an expensive way of adding a few horsepower on a stock cam, no point in running 1.8s with a custom cam on an application like this, the cam grind will net all gains need for the goal while retaining stock rocker ratio.

Perfect. Than that just makes me more interested in these. I'll just need to plan on getting a cam setup for 1.7s.

I could understand not buying anything or buying his buddies roller rockers for 180.00 but at this point doing a trunion upgrade makes zero sense to me. What's he going to do with the $40.00 he saves by doing trunions at this point. If he has a dog he could buy his dog a nice big bag of dog food with that $40.00 you guys saved him. lol

Not even. The dog food is $60!

Besides if I order the comps I still have to pay shipping. Which narrows the gap even more.

That was my point from the get go. With the difference in cost so negligible how does it not make sense. Anyone that says the comp upgrade is worth for damn near the same money should think this is worth it?

Also I wouldn't flip them. I don't believe it taking a "hook up" deal from a friend to try to make money.

If you'll notice, my response was an answer to the user I quoted. I'd explain more but that would probably also make "zero sense" to you.

If you'll notice, my response was an answer to the user I quoted. I'd explain more but that would probably also make "zero sense" to you.

What make's "zero sense" to me now is why you would think anything I said was referring you, I didn't quote you. Unless you have more than one screen name???

What make's "zero sense" to me now is why you would think anything I said was referring you, I didn't quote you. Unless you have more than one screen name???

Did you edit your post? My response was the one quoted. If not, my mistake, I swear I saw my post quoted.

Edited by ZR1 DREAMING (see edit history)

Did you edit your post? My response was the one quoted. If not, my mistake, I swear I saw my post quoted.

i quoted your post about the 1.7 vs 1.8 ratio saying that a cam spec'd for 1.7a would be better than just slapping on 1.8s for fun. But it was to say thanks for the info.