Gauging Interest! 03-07 4" Cowl Hood!!

BOWTIEKID

We were doing some chicken scratch math yesterday. The 06/07 hood is probably 8-10 lbs heavier then the 03/05 hood. We were guessing that the bolt on would weigh around 20-25 lbs. I would say the stock 03/05 hood weighs 45-50 lbs or more. The company making them will weigh it when it's done, and we'll weigh both body style hoods to show the savings.

On the how soon part, I've got a list of around 7 that ready to go now. As soon as the mold is ready (I hope it's by the end of the week) then they should be ready to take orders. I would probably expect 4-6 weeks on them to make it, which seems like a lot but compared to other fiberglass places it's not bad.

But, there are about 15-20 others wanting pictures. So, there is a good chance you could order it a month from now and be ok. If they have enough interest they'll keep the mold in production and sell them to the general public, which is fine with me.

Edited by BOWTIEKID (see edit history)

Cant wait to see how this plays out. I was looking at the 4" COPO hoods for the new Camaros. Very slick look. I like the well rounded edges of the hood. Hoping these turn out just as nice. Ill be all over it.

Bump, still looking for an 06-07 hood! If anyone knows where one can be located in Central Florida, please message me. We have garnered enough interest that we will officially be putting the hoods into production as soon as we can find an 06 hood for the mold.