How to remove manifold bolts?

marc_w

I give up. What's the secret ancient phrase I'm supposed to recite in a long lost language to break the supernatural curse that the EPA and GM gods put on those three bolts on each of my manifolds?

I was straining on a 2' breaker so hard I thought my head was going to explode. It was many times easier breaking that wussy crank bolt loose.

The threads are clean. Plenty of WD-40. No spot welds. I ate my Wheaties this morning.

I don't get it. :confused:

I give up.  What's the secret ancient phrase I'm supposed to recite in a long lost language to break the supernatural curse that the EPA and GM gods put on those three bolts on each of my manifolds?

I was straining on a 2' breaker so hard I thought my head was going to explode.  It was many times easier breaking that wussy crank bolt loose.

The threads are clean.  Plenty of WD-40.  No spot welds.  I ate my Wheaties this morning.

I don't get it.  :confused:

It starts with an "F"...

Mine came off about the third time I thought I was gonna have a stoke if I kept pulling.

It starts with an "F"...

Nice, I'm fluent in that language. I only rattled off a few, and pulled the plug on the project just short of throwing things in the woods.

Mine came off about the third time I thought I was gonna have a stoke if I kept pulling.

So there's hope... ;) I wonder if I can get an impact up there...

It starts with an "F"...

Nice, I'm fluent in that language. I only rattled off a few, and pulled the plug on the project just short of throwing things in the woods.

So there's hope... ;) I wonder if I can get an impact up there...

My impact wrench just cursed at the damn things :)

Last night wasn't a good night for me.

I stepped in dog poop running around the back of the house for tools, and didn't realize it until I tracked it all over the area of the driveway where I was working. I wondered where that stink was coming from.

I got two bolts broken loose, but rounded out that original one I was working on. I guess the trick is to crank like hell until you think you're about to break something. I'm going to need a new ratchet. Oh, and wear gloves for when 'something' gives and you inadvertently punch something.

I then noticed my passenger front brake line was leaking. W-T-F?! :eek: It was leaking a decent amount... not sure how I missed it before. I ended up stealing a pair of new copper crush washers of some brake likes I bought for my motorcycle. Upon installation, and finding that I still had a leak, I noticed that I had BOTH front brake lines mounted improperly. Why it took like, 8,000 miles for that particular one to start, I have no idea...

For those of you with these Earls stainless lines, make sure the block on the caliper end of the line has the line pointed slightly away from the caliper. The blocks angle the line "out" at like 5*. I never noticed it. :oops:

For those of you with these Earls stainless lines, make sure the block on the caliper end of the line has the line pointed slightly away from the caliper.  The blocks angle the line "out" at like 5*.  I never noticed it. :oops:

Same thing I passed to 7A7 a while back. That was something I should have posted a while back on when I did my install, since I think I was the first. My fault. :happysad: I did the same thing for the first line and noticed. Make sure they are not cracked where the metal neck comes out the block. There would have been a lot of pressure on that spot.

Archived