Header Brand Preferences

Normandy

prolly a tune on the ragged edge. its really hard to say with how certain people tune. a dyno is a tuning tool. you cant pay attention to gaining this or gaining that. Especially when it comes to headers. I ran the 3/4 and the 7/8 on my truck. if they match with your entire setup, i like to refer to it as "use-able" power, then you will benefit across the board by making your setup more efficient. if you run a small converter, small cam, stock heads, then they are clearly not beneficial for you as your usuable power will be lost while you might have marginal gains on the big end. But you toss the bigger primaries on a motor shoving much more air into it, you will see more gains. Also as well as the guys with bigger stalls, and bigger cams, as your usable power is going to be in the upper rpm range, so it doesnt matter if you lose some low end because your not relying on this as your motor is built to be more efficient up top. ill have a set of 7/8" off here in a week if anyone is looking to upgrade.

Going with some kooks? I bought a pair of the 1 7/8", just haven't got around to swapping them out. Any new times with your truck?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

prolly a tune on the ragged edge. its really hard to say with how certain people tune. a dyno is a tuning tool. you cant pay attention to gaining this or gaining that. Especially when it comes to headers. I ran the 3/4 and the 7/8 on my truck. if they match with your entire setup, i like to refer to it as "use-able" power, then you will benefit across the board by making your setup more efficient. if you run a small converter, small cam, stock heads, then they are clearly not beneficial for you as your usuable power will be lost while you might have marginal gains on the big end. But you toss the bigger primaries on a motor shoving much more air into it, you will see more gains. Also as well as the guys with bigger stalls, and bigger cams, as your usable power is going to be in the upper rpm range, so it doesnt matter if you lose some low end because your not relying on this as your motor is built to be more efficient up top. ill have a set of 7/8" off here in a week if anyone is looking to upgrade.

They were 1-3/4. And the difference between 1-3/4 vs 1-7/8 at low rpm is so small, less than 5hp, besides that's what a stall is for. This gets hashed out every other day it seems.

As for the for the ragged edge comment, I doubt it. I didn't see the tune but it's hard to put a LT only motor on the "ragged edge". Calculate (airflow)VE, set AFR, and see how much timing she holds. That's the formula for horsepower.