Ok, im sorry I havent been around enough.. busy life ya know? So here is the deal, my father owns an 05 ss awd and it was over heating. I went through everything and found coolant leaking out of the weep hole. Replaced waterpump thermostat the whole nine yards, I have done about 10 of these so I was pretty confident. Next while trying to bleed the system i couldnt seem to get all of the air out. even when the engine was cold i couldnt take the cap off without a coolant fountain out of the resivour.o shit! tried to combustion gas test it but everytime i plugged in the plunger pressure would shoot coolant into the tool. I decided to pull the heads but have found nothing obvious. i feel stupid asking for help but its dads truck and i dont want to waste any more time. Has anyone experienced this? any opinions on where a crack may be present or do i just check the block and heads for warpage and go from there. Once again Im sorry I have been gone so long. I miss playing with my ss.

It could be as easy as just the gasket let loose. Since you the heads off, if coolant was burning off, the pistons or or piston would be clean. Also check the plugs at each cylinder for what the burn looks like.

I had bubbles but I assumed boiling coolant was just not cooled down. And yes oil was a bit lighter brown color but not high on the dipstick nor was it very milky.

The motor is super clean especially intake valves. I will post pics tomorrow. Plugs are clean but no real signs of burning coolant. Thanks for the replies guys!

Did you bleed the air out using the remove coolant cap, turn heat on defrost on full blast as hot as it will go? Grab the upper and lower hose and jiggle and shake them a bit to help any pockets escape. You would definitely know if you had alot of coolant in the oil. It would be milk shake heaven and frothy.

• 3 weeks later...

guys I really need some help. I am kind of embarrassed to ask as I am a new tech at gm and all of the senior techs have never seen this problem before. I pulled heads had the pressure checked and plained. put thetruck back together step by step and it still has the same problem. have any of you ever seen one of these blocks crack? Is there anythng I am just flat out missing? truck runs like a raped ape now but it gets hot quick. I pressure checked it. I vacuume bled it. I have replaced everything but the radiator and hoses but the radiator doesn't have cool spots both hoses top and bottom are hot as hell. im lost and very discouraged at this point.

Also check the thermostat housing outlet side of pump, I had a friend with a similar prolbem, when I replaced his thermostat I discovered a piece of the thermostat stuck in the the hole of the passage going to the heater core,He said at one time he had pepboys replace the thermostat and he had that prolbem ever since. I'm not sure how that piece got stuck in their but is was wedge pretty good. Did you do a flow test? It sounds like a blockage somewhere, I hope this helps