Pop Out Window Wind Noise

Normandy

Hey all, I'm getting a lot of wind noise from my passenger rear pop out window. Its completely "snapped" shut, I even cleaned the rubber seal but to no avail. Do I need to go buy some adhesive foam stripping for this issue?

Thanks guys

I got a pair of these from ebay and they have helped a fair bit. A spare pair of hands and heating the handle that they fit into helps when you go to install them. (I heated the handles in hot, almost boiling water).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wind-Noise-fix-for-2000-2002-2004-2007-chevy-vent-window-latch-link-links-/281400162832?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4184c1ba10

I got a pair of these from ebay and they have helped a fair bit. A spare pair of hands and heating the handle that they fit into helps when you go to install them. (I heated the handles in hot, almost boiling water).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wind-Noise-fix-for-2000-2002-2004-2007-chevy-vent-window-latch-link-links-/281400162832?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4184c1ba10

Great find! Thank you. Whats the install process? Pry out the old, press in the new??

All I did was open the window, and adjust something. I forgot what. I went thru and explained the whole procedure about a year or so. I think I got the info from The other truck web forum. Google it and im sure it will pop up.

In my case there is a screw under the handle accessible when the window is open mine was loose and once tightened haven't had any wind noise at speeds up too 110+ mph. Don't know if this is the same issue as others but this was what fixed mine

In my case there is a screw under the handle accessible when the window is open mine was loose and once tightened haven't had any wind noise at speeds up too 110+ mph. Don't know if this is the same issue as others but this was what fixed mine

I'll check that tomorrow, Thank you

I agree on the screw deal too, If I remember right I also slightly bent something that had to do with the frame part of slightly. The best part of it, it was free. Ill look for it and post it for you.

Here is what I did and its been fine for years, no air leak or water. I had to bend mine 2 or 3 times until I got a tight seal.

Recommendation/Instructions:

To correct this concern, adjust the 1/4 glass mounting flange inward so the handle/latch will pull the 1/4 glass tighter to the weather seal. Use the following procedure to adjust the mounting flange inward:

Remove the Side Access Door Trim Panel per SI Document ID # 764454
Open the 1/4 glass to the full open position.

Use channel locks or equivalent pliers and a cloth to adjust the mounting flange inward. Use the cloth to protect the painted surface of the flange and the 1/4 glass plastic frame and weather seal.

With the cloth in the jaws of the pliers, adjust the flange inward below the 1/4 glass handle/latch.

Note: It may take some pressure to adjust the flange inward. If a good thick cloth is used, no damage will be done to the painted surface or 1/4 glass frame/weather seal.

After adjusting the flange, close the 1/4 glass and check glass flushness to the body/door. The glass should be flush or slightly inward from the body/door, if not repeat steps 4 and 5.

Reinstall the Side Access Door Trim Panel

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Great find! Thank you. Whats the install process? Pry out the old, press in the new??

Basically that is all there is to it. The handle part that is on the glass comes off easily and that is the part that I heated in hot water to make it easier to spread apart and get the activator part out and the new one back in. It's all pretty easy to see once you have the new part in your hand and study the window mechanism in the truck.

I agree on the screw deal too, If I remember right I also slightly bent something that had to do with the frame part of slightly. The best part of it, it was free. Ill look for it and post it for you.

Here is what I did and its been fine for years, no air leak or water. I had to bend mine 2 or 3 times until I got a tight seal.

Recommendation/Instructions:

To correct this concern, adjust the 1/4 glass mounting flange inward so the handle/latch will pull the 1/4 glass tighter to the weather seal. Use the following procedure to adjust the mounting flange inward:

Remove the Side Access Door Trim Panel per SI Document ID # 764454

Open the 1/4 glass to the full open position.

Use channel locks or equivalent pliers and a cloth to adjust the mounting flange inward. Use the cloth to protect the painted surface of the flange and the 1/4 glass plastic frame and weather seal.

With the cloth in the jaws of the pliers, adjust the flange inward below the 1/4 glass handle/latch.

Note: It may take some pressure to adjust the flange inward. If a good thick cloth is used, no damage will be done to the painted surface or 1/4 glass frame/weather seal.

After adjusting the flange, close the 1/4 glass and check glass flushness to the body/door. The glass should be flush or slightly inward from the body/door, if not repeat steps 4 and 5.

Reinstall the Side Access Door Trim Panel

I really appreciate the instructions. You wouldn't happen to have any pictures for reference would you?

Thanks

I really appreciate the instructions. You wouldn't happen to have any pictures for reference would you?

Thanks

I dont, But its really easy. Took me all of 5 minutes once the door panel was off. You will see how the hinge works and know where to go from there, as long you follow the directions you will be good.

I dont, But its really easy. Took me all of 5 minutes once the door panel was off. You will see how the hinge works and know where to go from there, as long you follow the directions you will be good.

I looked at it today, is it the part that has the little bolt? I assume loosen that and move it inward?