'10-'11 Camaro SS or 05'-07' Vette

smalltownguy

Hey guys, I'm looking for some outside opinions on my next garage queen to keep my SS company. I'm torn between the LS3 powered Camaro SS or the LS2 C6 Corvettes. Now, I've always loved the corvettes and originally set out to find a vette but seeing how the LS3 C6s are still 30 plus I just assumed spend high 30s at that point for a z06. I don't think I'm quite ready to drop z06 money so, while looking at older C6s I realized the 2010-11 Camaro SSs are going for 25k with some nice mods. I know the base corvette is faster and this will be mostly a toy for me so that plays a factor but after seeing so many zr1s and z06s I just feel the C6 base model is, well base. One the other hand, 25k gets me a fully load RS/SS LS3 Camaro under 50k miles. So I'm torn, due I get the base vette or a decked out Camaro SS that is a little slower but 5 years newer and more aggressive looking.

For reference, here is one of the Camaros: ***MEAN 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS for sale!!!(lots of pics)

Here is one of the Corvettes in that price range: F/S '05 Vel. Yellow C6 Coupe M6 Z51 1SB $25k

I'm leaning toward the Camaro but I know the Vette is a good set of wheels away from being sexy and maybe as quick as the Camaro (that beast has some nice bolt on mods so who knows). Give me your thoughts! GO!!! :peelout:

Thanks in advance for you help!

-John

Its a hard one. the plus to the camaro is the back seat if you so happen to need it. I have a son so I would only get something with a back seat. But they are a bit heavy so if your looking to go fast cheap the vette hands down. I had always wants a C6Z. But after having a child I look at things different now. need something the family can enjoy.

Its a hard one. the plus to the camaro is the back seat if you so happen to need it. I have a son so I would only get something with a back seat. But they are a bit heavy so if your looking to go fast cheap the vette hands down. I had always wants a C6Z. But after having a child I look at things different now. need something the family can enjoy.

I agree. The back seat is worth it. Base model corvettes are for retired couples anyway LOL! jk. I love both cars myself. I know where a decent deal on a vette in St.louise is if you would be interested. PM me. They are out here in KY alot, so they might be willing to meet you.

I agree that having a back seat is very nice. I personally would rather have the Camaro for that reason. Now you cant get a normal size person in the back seat of a Camaro but its nice to have that extra space for stuff.

The only down fall to the Camaro is the small side windows and it has pretty bad blind spots. I test drove an SS, but I rented a V6 for 2 weeks, and I even had a blast with that.

I agree that having a back seat is very nice. I personally would rather have the Camaro for that reason. Now you cant get a normal size person in the back seat of a Camaro but its nice to have that extra space for stuff.

The only down fall to the Camaro is the small side windows and it has pretty bad blind spots. I test drove an SS, but I rented a V6 for 2 weeks, and I even had a blast with that.

Yes they are fun. even as a v6. My buddy rented and new v6 model here a month back. it was a fun car. had decent power for a v6. we even had 4 people in it and it wasn't to bad. just like most coupe cars. not a ton of room but enough to haul people or things if need be.

I agree. The back seat is worth it. Base model corvettes are for retired couples anyway LOL! jk. I love both cars myself. I know where a decent deal on a vette in St.louise is if you would be interested. PM me. They are out here in KY alot, so they might be willing to meet you.

Nevermind, it got side swiped today.