2014 Silverado Blackout

rcapone

You're absolutely right Jason...The interior is really what sold me on this truck. Don't get me wrong, the exterior is pretty awesome, but once I took her for a test drive it was all over! Electronics are really sweet. I have to say, the only thing I don't like is the OnStar thing (Can't use the Nav. or Bluetooth phone calls without it) + It's over 300$ per year after your 6 month free trial is over.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Randy they always find a way to hold you by the nuts. They are so nice inside and out. I've already found a Magnaflow and an Air raid intake for it lol. Can't wait. Check this out :)

http://www118.carbuzz.com/news/2014/9/19/John-Hennessey-Will-Make-You-Drool-Over-665-HP-GMC-Sierra-7722629/

I have to say, the only thing I don't like is the OnStar thing (Can't use the Nav. or Bluetooth phone calls without it) + It's over 300$ per year after your 6 month free trial is over.

You can't use Nav. or Bluetooth w/o Onstar? Never heard of that.

I was told you can use Bluetooth as its sync'd with the truck and not associated with onstar directly. I was also told that if you use your smartphone with the onstar remote link app to remote start, lock/unlock your vehicle in the first 10 days that you will still have the option to do the same after the onstar trial is up for a total of 5yrs. I set mine up yesterday and did the remote start and lock/unlock from my phone so I will see if it actually is true.

I looked into catback's and think I am going with AFE. For the price, stainless mandrel bent tubing and muffler, and tip for a little over $400 and a really good sound...

I ordered a bed rug, side steps, and trying to make up my mind on a tonneau cover now. My chrome 22" reps will be on it in the spring!

Yeah Randy they always find a way to hold you by the nuts. They are so nice inside and out. I've already found a Magnaflow and an Air raid intake for it lol. Can't wait. Check this out :)

http://www118.carbuzz.com/news/2014/9/19/John-Hennessey-Will-Make-You-Drool-Over-665-HP-GMC-Sierra-7722629/

Dude, that's awesome supercharged! My modding on this one will be kept to a minimum due to my GM extended warranty - mainly exterior, but I did already order a pretty sweet ladder rack system called Backbone so I can haul 8'+ materials. I was told about 4 weeks since it's custom made.

http://www.getbackbone.com/more-vback.html

Looks like it wouldn't take too many parts to make yours look like that one Randy.

I'll be looking into doing that for sure, just not till next year and after my SSS modding is complete.

I was told you can use Bluetooth as its sync'd with the truck and not associated with onstar directly. I was also told that if you use your smartphone with the onstar remote link app to remote start, lock/unlock your vehicle in the first 10 days that you will still have the option to do the same after the onstar trial is up for a total of 5yrs. I set mine up yesterday and did the remote start and lock/unlock from my phone so I will see if it actually is true.

I looked into catback's and think I am going with AFE. For the price, stainless mandrel bent tubing and muffler, and tip for a little over $400 and a really good sound...

I ordered a bed rug, side steps, and trying to make up my mind on a tonneau cover now. My chrome 22" reps will be on it in the spring!

I wish my salesman would have told me about that! Honestly, I haven't even read my owners' manual yet and was just figuring things out on my own since I got it. I'll have to check out that app. Mine came with a factory remote start keychain though.

Did you get the Silverado or GMC? ...post up some pics!

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Mine has the remote start on my key fob also. Type in "onstar remote link" in Google apps and follow the directions. Have you set up a welcome call with onstar yet? It might still work for you.

I got a crew Silvy in Brownstone.

I purchased mine on the 10th but didn't do the onstar welcome call until like 4 days after that...just downloaded the app so maybe I'll get lucky since today is the 11th day. Just my luck I would be one freekin day past the deadline :mad:

The Crew is awesome, my 9yr old daughter LOVES it since she has her own door and window, lol She doesn't even like riding in the SSS anymore!

Yeah, everything's black on mine Jason - looks awesome but is a total nightmare to keep clean! I should be able to get away with doing an intake and exhaust without them giving me a problem with the warranty right?

Airaid : http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aid-201-270/overview/make/chevrolet/model/silverado-1500

Volant: http://www.amazon.com/Volant-15553-Cool-Air-Intake/dp/B00JYIPC7K/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411307980&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=volant+2014+silverado+5.3

If I had to choose between the two based on looks, Volant would be my vote. Does the Airaid offer better performance do you think?

Just found this one from Volant too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volant-15553-Cold-Air-Intake-System-14-Chevy-GMC-Silverado-Sierra-5-3L-V8-Pickup-/281444865995?_trksid=p2054897.l5669

Edit: Bogus pic - same as above

The Volant has always been great and the price is good too. I watched a vid on the air raid and it looks like it fits really nice. It doesn't have a lid it uses the good as a lid they say. It's suppose to fit tight. K&N also makes one that's nice. CAI shouldn't void warranty or muffler.

IMO which i'm sure won't be too popular on here because I'm not really that into lowered trucks is that I really don't like how close to the ground they bring the front end of newer trucks down to. I know it helps with gas mileage but for me I think it makes the front ends look way too big and what if god forbid you want to take your truck off road and beat on it a little bit. The same goes for the Ford super duty's and the big dodges too. Unless they are lifted with bigger tires all these trucks with there massive front ends look out of proportion to me. Now I like my VHO and the 03-06 SSS I think they were some of the the last good looking Chevy's. With that said I still don't like where truck designs have gone since 98 for GM, 95 for Ford and 2001 for Dodge. All the plastic, fog lights and other crap they put in and around the bumpers of newer trucks is just more stuff to get messed up if you actually use your truck as a truck and beat on it a little bit.

IMO which i'm sure won't be too popular on here because I'm not really that into lowered trucks is that I really don't like how close to the ground they bring the front end of newer trucks down to. I know it helps with gas mileage but for me I think it makes the front ends look way too big and what if god forbid you want to take your truck off road and beat on it a little bit. The same goes for the Ford super duty's and the big dodges too. Unless they are lifted with bigger tires all these trucks with there massive front ends look out of proportion to me. Now I like my VHO and the 03-06 SSS I think they were some of the the last good looking Chevy's. With that said I still don't like where truck designs have gone since 98 for GM, 95 for Ford and 2001 for Dodge. All the plastic, fog lights and other crap they put in and around the bumpers of newer trucks is just more stuff to get messed up if you actually use your truck as a truck and beat on it a little bit.

I agree that '06 was the last year of the good looking Chevy Truck, but what do you do when you need a new truck...sit around and wait for a new design that may not even happen? I personally hated the new truck design and design trends with all the major manufacturers when they first came out, but now they have grown on me and I'm liking mine more and more each day. The awesome interior does help ease the pain for sure!