Why I'm a Liberal

MN C5

It's obvious that no one here is planning on changing his/her mind.  :uhoh:

So do we have to reply with cut/paste mile long quotes from other publications?

Oh please, Nov 2nd hurry up, so this crap will stop.......

:withstupid::banghead:

Its gone well beyond 'beating a dead horse' ... at this point I think the horse has been shot and drug down the steet behind someones car! We've had so many of these threads, and while I do respect everyones opinions there are some things you just don't discuss in polite company:

1) religon

2) politics

No one is going to renounce their political affilitation based on whats posted here and move to the other side, so these posts just keep getting progressively longer w/ each side regurgitating news reports, poles, qoutes, and partisan rhetoric. At what point can we all agree to disagree and leave it at that??? To put it bluntly....

SHUT UP AND VOTE! :smash:

:flag:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing like taking the opinion of war vets that served alongside Kerry and minimizing their opinions for merely their involvement with gov't and VA affairs - things they should be involved in, regardless of who is president.

I am waiting for the pro-Kerry vet group to speak up for their friend and comrade-in-arms though.  There must be a few of them out there that can have the shit quoted out of them and can have their opinions tromped on for supposed political gains as well?

It's already been done, and not in pansy-ass backroom interviews, with payoffs from Karl Rove and his cronies. It's all contained in a movie made called "Going Upriver: The Long War of John Kerry" detailing accounts by men who served alongside him on that swift boat. They're in front of the camera, they're looking the interviewer in the eye, and they're serious about what they're saying. It's not in electronic or paper text where words can be changed by those abusing their power (we know all about that, don't we Ben?), it's on tape.

The movie wasn't playing in too many theaters in town (only one in San Diego and the run ended tonight), but if it's playing in your town and you are serious about getting all the information about at least one of the candidates for office, I recommend seeing it. For those of you interested in seeing the movie but without access, it is available for download in MP-4 format here. Broadband is suggested because even with cable or DSL, it's a 2-4 hour download.

I think many of you will agree after watching the movie that there is no way GWB even deserves to share a stage with Kerry. However, if I know a select few of you (like I know I do), your minds will be so closed that you will not watch the movie, even if you have the capability. So be it. I know that if there was a movie that had anything positive or negative to say about GWB, it would be my patriotic responsiblity to see it, and I would. For those of you with open minds, I suggest you watch the movie and make your choice wisely next Tuesday.

I personally don't care one way or the other about Kerry's military career. I don't mean that in any negative way at all. The fact that he served says quite a bit. I just think it's funny that both sides have picked at each other's military duty, including all of those who plan to vote one or the other, when really the only ones with any kind of right to speak, one way or the other, are those that were there. At least that's the way I see it. Kind of hard to know who to believe on that subject though isn't it? I guess it all depends on who you want to win. Both sides and all parties involved (VETS) can't be lying.

No way is a movie going to make me feel that Busch shouldn't even be on the same stage as Kerry. If a movie could influence someone to that point, seems it would have made it to a few more theatres and someone would have to be pretty nieve (sp?). I may not be as well educated on these subjects as you portray yourself to be, but I'm not that stupid either.

Actions speak louder than words, and although some of Busch's actions may not have been the best ones, he did make decisions and stood by them. Hasn't been Kerry's strong points in his career - even you can admit that. You said yourself in a post a while back that you were more anti-Busch, than pro-Kerry, so don't try to sell anyone on what a great President he would make, because even you don't wholly believe that.

I know only about 8 people that I have talked to that are Kerry supporters. Only one really thinks he'll do a good job. The rest only believe that anyone can do better than Busch.

Well, definitely don't see the movie if you are sure you won't get anything from it. Definitely don't let any new information in, you might have to reconsider your viewpoint. And we all know that this is one thing that many individuals here are simply incapable of. Like I said before - So be it.

Before the movie I was anti-Bush, lukewarm at best to Kerry. Since seeing the movie, I have newfound respect for the 27 year old man who testified before Congress and helped hasten the end of the Vietnam War. The composure, the clarity of thought and understanding, the belief in what was right...well, you would have to see it to understand it. But you've already established you're too closed-minded for that.

However, if you want to see the conviction you think Bush has, except with the intelligence that Bush clearly doesn't have, watch the movie. If you just want to continue believing that plain stubborness and stupidity is wisdom, and all the anti-Kerry propaganda you've been drinking in is true, definitely, don't watch the movie, because you would have to change your mind (and your whole house of cards would come tumbling down).

I have come to understand that this is exactly why folks like yourself can't let any new information in. The very real prospect that you have been sold a bill of goods is right at your doorstep. And facing that fact must be just terrifying.

But believe it or not, learning from your mistakes is a good thing.

I personally don't care one way or the other about Kerry's military career.  I don't mean that in any negative way at all.  The fact that he served says quite a bit.  I just think it's funny that both sides have picked at each other's military duty, including all of those who plan to vote one or the other, when really the only ones with any kind of right to speak, one way or the other, are those that were there.  At least that's the way I see it.  Kind of hard to know who to believe on that subject though isn't it?  I guess it all depends on who you want to win.  Both sides and all parties involved (VETS) can't be lying.

No way is a movie going to make me feel that Busch shouldn't even be on the same stage as Kerry.  If a movie could influence someone to that point, seems it would have made it to a few more theatres and someone would have to be pretty nieve (sp?).  I may not be as well educated on these subjects as you portray yourself to be, but I'm not that stupid either.

Actions speak louder than words, and although some of Busch's actions may not have been the best ones, he did make decisions and stood by them.  Hasn't been Kerry's strong points in his career - even you can admit that.  You said yourself in a post a while back that you were more anti-Busch, than pro-Kerry, so don't try to sell anyone on what a great President he would make, because even you don't wholly believe that.

I know only about 8 people that I have talked to that are Kerry supporters.  Only one really thinks he'll do a good job.  The rest only believe that anyone can do better than Busch.

Actions speak louder than words, and although some of Busch's actions may not have been the best ones, he did make decisions and stood by them.  Hasn't been Kerry's strong points in his career - even you can admit that.  You said yourself in a post a while back that you were more anti-Busch, than pro-Kerry, so don't try to sell anyone on what a great President he would make, because even you don't wholly believe that.

I couldn't have said it better myself ben. Kerry is a political mouthpiece. the man has no position and is full of false hopes and promisses. When i first heard about him being the democrats man, i was not so upset about him, i figured he wasn't bad. but the more i learn about him the more i dislike him. I don't see how anyone can vote for this guy, he has no plan, and no way of implementing this drastic dramatic change he has promissed. Only a fool would believe what is coming out of his mouth. It isn't that he is lieing, it is that the stuff he says is impossible.

Then again....maybe I just like plucking your chords. :ughdance:

That's fine, because in the process of 'plucking my chords' and me responding, information that wouldn't normally get out gets out to more people. I certainly don't spend time posting because I think I'm going to affect you, or MN C5, or SSMinneapolis, or any of the other Bushies - obviously that will never happen. So say what you want, it doesn't really matter to me....if you think you're bothering me or causing me discomfort, well, okay, I won't ruin your fantasy. :cheers:

No I didn't think I was bothering you...I obviously don't bother you enough...just trying to strike reaction. Personally, I think it's a little amusing.

In a perfect comparison of the two, the other would have had to of been president before also. That way you would have a no shit comparison. But, since Kerry has never been put in a position of power or "great" responsibility, like that of a President, no way to tell how he will do is there? Only what you read and what they and others say is all you have. No comparison can be made to anything previous.

Do you think Kerry has flip-flopped a little too much on things?

No I didn't think I was bothering you...I obviously don't bother you enough...just trying to strike reaction.  Personally, I think it's a little amusing.

In a perfect comparison of the two, the other would have had to of been president before also.  That way you would have a no shit comparison.  But, since Kerry has never been put in a position of power or "great" responsibility, like that of a President, no way to tell how he will do is there?  Only what you read and what they and others say is all you have.  No comparison can be made to anything previous.

Do you think Kerry has flip-flopped a little too much on things?

The only thing really obvious from this post of yours is you haven't seen the movie. Otherwise you wouldn't really be saying something so completely devoid of information and understanding. :shakehead:

You still didn't answer the question :P I just wanted to know if you felt that Kerry had changed his mind on a few too many things? A little, a lot? Doesn't matter? Your opinion.

Maybe since "you saw the movie" it doesn't matter. The movie answered it all for you. No need for you to even have a single thought of your own now, huh?

By the way, I downloaded the movie yesterday. I have watched what I think to be half of it. Nothing earth-shattering yet. I guess I am not as quick to believe it all as you. Although it may, emphasis on "may", shed a different light on JK, still doesn't mean he'll make a better President, or sway my vote one way or the other.

Archived