Never been pulled over once for having my VIN covered since the day I bought it. Yes it sat for a couple years but I pass cops all the time, they could care less because tow truck drivers monitor where cars are driven in the state. If my truck was in a shady area where chop shops are, then I could see them having reason to pull me over. Technology is beyond the point of needing to pull people over just to take a look unless the cop wants to harass.

As far as the crime ring, these werent fast and furios type ricers. The cars I am talking about are over 200k but they caught some vettes in the scheme.

yea i might still cover it up or at least some of the vin number as your right it wouldn't be hard to copy license plates and vin number once its done, would be easy to get away with it here as not many people know what an ss silverado would look like. and thanks man, when i sit here and think about it now i think wow i really took on that project and finished it. there just so big on our roads here, you hold your breath when you cross a narrow bridge with the a semi coming towards you. but you still get plenty of looks from people in a good way also other chevy owners beep at you and wave.

Edited by NZchevyman (see edit history)