Anyone successfully replaced the BOSE subwoofer?

phenryiv1

What alternatives are there to getting bass without doing the underseat thing?

I've been looking into a 6"/200w Bazooka. (I know, I never thought I'd see the day that I said that). I just don't know if it'll fit behind the rear seat - haven't done any measuring yet.

I'm not looking for huge bass. Just a little more. I don't want to add external amps. To me, that's like saying, "I'll stay for just one beer."

What alternatives are there to getting bass without doing the underseat thing?

I've been looking into a 6"/200w Bazooka. (I know, I never thought I'd see the day that I said that).  I just don't know if it'll fit behind the rear seat - haven't done any measuring yet.

I'm not looking for huge bass.  Just a little more.  I don't want to add external amps.  To me, that's like saying, "I'll stay for just one beer."

I had a single sub box made at cartoys for 150.00 carpeted. Then I installed a JL audio 10" Sub. Also added some focal componets in the front kick panels and used the Q-form custom kick panel enclosers. Used a 4 channel eclipse amp to power it all. Added it all to the stock bose system and it cranks.

I would like to upgrade to a brand-name 6" sub in the center console, but all of the searches I found deal with theory and "I would"s.

I also was wondering about the volume of the chamber for the woofer, its impedence, and the resonance of the enclosure, if one were to use a more high-output woofer in place of the Bose driver.

Lastly, does anyone have approximate wattages for the Bose amps?  I know that they do not publish them, but I was wondering.

So has anyone successfully completed this upgrade?

Try here

Replacing the Bose 6" driver w/ another while still using the Bose amp will make things worse, not better.  :(

Is this from experience, or theory? Not doubting you, just asking.

Amps see impedence, not brand names. It could be that the driver has particular properties that maximize the amp, but those properties have to do w/ design, not that particular driver.

Theory, but here's why. True an amp see's impedence, not brand names. Do you know what impedence the driver is? Next, find a driver of the same impedence that works well in that enclosure, that's the next trick. Then one that has more excursion than the factory driver, do you know this spec?

Quickly, you can see that finding all the specs for the driver and enclosure is not easy. And when it's all said and done, what did you gain? Just another 6" driver. Not going to get much bass from a single sealed 6" driver. ;)

I would like to upgrade to a brand-name 6" sub in the center console, but all of the searches I found deal with theory and "I would"s.

I also was wondering about the volume of the chamber for the woofer, its impedence, and the resonance of the enclosure, if one were to use a more high-output woofer in place of the Bose driver.

Lastly, does anyone have approximate wattages for the Bose amps?  I know that they do not publish them, but I was wondering.

So has anyone successfully completed this upgrade?

Try here

Were you trying to link me to search RESULTS, or were you being a smart@$$ and link me to the search page?

Archived