Has anyone sucessfully added steering wheel controls?

EXGM

I bought my 06 Silverado SS and it has EVERY option except steering wheel controls. I've looked around on the net and have seen it can be done but you need a new clock spring and need to reprogram the BCM. Has anyone here done it successfully. If not I will have to roll without controls.....

You need the Clock spring for wheel controls, the steering column wire harness for wheel controls, and a steering wheel with controls in it. RPO Option UK3

I have heard some people have had to get the BCM reflashed while others have gotten lucky and it was plug and play.

You need the new wheel, clock spring, and 2 things programmed. The BCM has to be programmed to accept redundant audio controls and the cluster needs to be programmed for the enhanced driver's information center. I did it a couple years ago. It is pretty easy, but there are a lot of plugs. A couple of them arent the easiest to access. Be prepared to go elbow deep in the dash. It took me about 3 hours to do while taking my time then a morning at the dealer and paying them $145. with the programming, make sure your service advisor knows the process. Some dont understand programming in options your truck didn't originally come with.