I got the stage 5 FLT with a yank SS3200 and its mint if I knew at the time I was gonna go forced induction I would've got the hardened shafts for the extra 1000 bucks but at the time I didn't have the extra g-note anyways so I'm hoping she holds up or I'll have to repair and upgrade when the time comes.

I almost went locally for 1800 + install but I really liked the fact that after buying a trans from FLT you can send it back for a refresh for 400-500 plus shipping for life any local shop would charge another 1800+install in the long run it seemed like a better deal and much better trans.

It's funny my buddy's with Silverado hop in and instantly notice a differance and ask why there's don't shift like that it is a lot better then stock but my stock trans was very good to me

I hear that my best friends brother is still in the usaf and he is a load chief and he also makes good money he says as long as we're at war he will continue to but he said if the war ends so will the big checks.

Good job putting in work for our country many appreciate it

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

Good news easy fix the 2nd gear band broke also my gear clutches were alil worn so I got new ones. Truck is running great again only problem is it doesnt shift as hard like before should I be worried? When I got my shift kit installed it would jam into second now its smooth. He told me he didnt touch it.

Its the 2/4 band. Mine has been doing the same thing for 3 months and I just lost 4th this past weekend. I pulled it out and apart the 2/4 is shot, and the clutches are burnt along with the fluid. I'm doing my own trans build with $1800 worth of PATC parts.

• 1 year later...

Hello, My first post.

ssplumber here,

just had my tranney completely rebuilt last week. went in to get Shift kit installed and when pan came down, BRASS SHAVEINGS.

first to second were slow /long shift this is why i wanted the kit. ended up wits 2 bad bands and clutches. now it shifts great. but going to have him adjust so 2-3 shift is more snappy.

now i want to get more off line speed. checking things out.