Towing Pkg.

speedydog5

Wasn't aware you could get an '03 without the towing package. Thought it was standard equipment.

Anyway, I don't know exactly whats included, but you do get a trans cooler and a button on the gear shifter that puts it into tow mode. Something to do with shift points. I'm sure others will be more specific.

I haven't pulled anything but everyone who has says they're great trucks for trailers. NOT reccommended for 5th wheel trailers though. :chevy:

I personally pull a lot of trailers, and this truck has done fantastic so far. This truck is soo smooth and powerful (the AWD might have something to do with this :P ) that on my 15' Haulmark V-Nose, I hardly know it is back there!

I HAVE A 03, AND PULL A 24' HAULMARK ENCLOSED WITH MY 70 CHEVELLE SS IN IT AND IT DOES A GREAT JOB. I TO THINK IT IS STANDARD EQUIP. :chevy:  :flag:

hey there, easy on the CAPS....

as for the trailer package, on this truck your only concerns are going to be the trans cooler and hitch. i'd recomend buying the gm trailer hitch package from a dealer or gmpartsdirect.com and getting an aftermarket trans cooler like a few others have. (there are some very nice posts on this).

The trailer package isnt standard when I bought my SS they had another one on the lot without it. It still had the tranny cooler and tow/haul switch it just didn't have a hitch on it or the wires for trailering.

... and getting an aftermarket trans cooler like a few others have. (there are some very nice posts on this).

zippy,

Correct me if I am wrong, but we do have a trans. cooler on our trucks, but there are aftermarket ones out there that are better (just a clarification here), right?

Mine did not come with the towing package. It has the tow/haul switch on the shifter and is wired for a hitch. The wiring is tucked above the spare tire. You just need the 7 pin end adapter to finish it off. If you buy the trailer package at the dealer it comes with the hitch, dedicated harness, and brake control harness for around $180.

Archived