Rear Diff Fluid Question

So I decided to service rear diff this weekend now that truck just cracked 50k. I went to dealer and got fluid and friction modifier for rear end. I am getting conflicting info, owners manual doesn't call out specifically. I added friction modifier for the limited slip but other things I found online (so you know its true) say not to use. What is correct? Can someone help? I hope I don't have to drain again....

Truck is 06 RWD

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

Found this for ya

#14 fluids for tranny trans case front and rear diffs: post #14 zippy

The special Admin

I recommend 75w90 in front and rear and both to be synthetic for sure. 75w140 is fine if you run in very high temps otherwise stick to 75w90. Royal Purple, Mobil 1, and Amsoil are all very good choices. Make sure to not use any additive in the rear diff as that can cause the clutches to stick together and not allow the diff to unlock. There is an actual bulletin from GM about that specific issue.

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/gear-lube/severe-gear-75w-90/?code=SVGQT-EA

GM calls for 4.2 pt, so it would be 2.1qt. The front diff uses the same Severe Gear 75W90 and would take another 3.4-3.6pt, so 4qt would do both. If you would like to try some out, let me know. I could probably ship it to your door for around the same price or a little cheaper than you could get it from a retailer there.