WTB: 2005 Black SS AWD

OneBadSSS

In July of 2007 I made the hardest (and also turned out to be the worst!) decision of my life which was to sell my 2005 Black SSS AWD so I could afford to buy a house (we all know what the housing market did 6 months later :sigh: ) and I have regretted that decision ever since! I have wanted to get back into an SSS ever since and am finally in a position financially where I can pay cash for one if I can find the right one!

Ideally I want to get another black 2005 AWD w/ low miles, leather and digital climate control (chrome stock wheels preferred as well but not a deal breaker) but the market seems to be extremely light on 2005 AWD SSS trucks and the few I've found are either high mileage or RED :uhoh: . I'm hoping the SSS.com community can help me in my search as national online searches like Autotrader haven't turned up many leads either so if anyone knows of one for sale locally or, even better, has one for sale (would love to buy a well cared for truck off another forum member) please, please, please let me know!

I will mention that I am not 100% rigid on a 2005, I will consider 2003/2004 in Black (possible blue as well!) so long as the truck is clean, mileage is low (an aftermarket sunroof is a big plus too!). I should add that I'm interested in trucks with clean title history, carfax reports and coming with verifiable service records as I am extremely anal about the care of my vehicles and any vehicle I purchase I'd like to be from someone who shares that same sentiment.

I travel all the time for work so I'm willing to go anywhere in the country for the right truck and definitely want a rust free truck that was either a garage queen up north or from south/west somewhere. I hail from the New England area so I'm already going to have a big enough change keeping the truck I buy rust free so it would be great to have it start out that way at least!

Thanks in advance guys/gals! :cheers:

Edited by OneBadSSS (see edit history)

nope but answered my question on the edelbrock fitting under stock hood lol..good luck with you search..I'll keep my eyes peeled..

Thanks so much!

Good luck with your search. Hope you find the right one. :cheers:

Really appreciate it, thanks and so do I!!

Car gurus has 61 listing...

Outstanding, thanks for the tip about this site!

Edited by OneBadSSS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

TTT, no "legacy" owners left out there that are looking to part with their garage queen? Did I miss the bus completely? Have all the original owners that were members back when I first joined and still owned my truck (2004-2007) left? This is getting depressing...

I think you just have to be patient and keep looking. I was looking at autotrader for months and just stumbled into mine. In fact I found mine incorrectly listed as just a silverado not under a SS. Some dealers might not realize it was a sub model.... I found mine at a ford dealer. I also looked at that car grurus site and there were some decent ones listed.... I keep looking to see what quality of ones still are out there and what they go for to help me feel better about what I paid for mine..... Lol.

Gosh seein that truck makes me remember what mine looked when I purchased it, I need new dad gum seat covers cause geez that interior looks bangin compared to mine.

Yeah, I didn't look that close but the driver cover is a little worn.... like I said it is hard to find a nice example!

• 3 months later...