Bump Stop Removal Questions

kaze_v8

So I finally got my truck dropped yesterday, and I went with a 4/5 drop.

The rear seems to be sitting on the bump stops, so my question is how do I remove these now that the truck is dropped.

Do I remove just the piece of rubber, or the metal piece its attached to as well?

Also I know there are bump stops in the front as well, were those suppose to be modified as well?

You can drill the fronts, the rears are best to remove the whole metal bracket, then bolt them directly to the frame. There is a pre drilled hole for them....I can tell you though that you are gonna need to notch the frame for 5" drop.... what parts did you use to drop the front?

Edited by 1BAD2K (see edit history)

You can drill the fronts, the rears are best to remove the whole metal bracket, then bolt them directly to the frame. There is a pre drilled hole for them....I can tell you though that you are gonna need to notch the frame for 5" drop.... what parts did you use to drop the front?

Yeah that's the plan to get it notched ASAP, but I figured id ask since the truck is sitting on those bump stops, and I wanted to see the full drop, to decide to go the full 6" or leave as is.

And I went with 3" DJM A arms in the front, with lowering keys, and in the back I did a flip kit with a 1" lift shackle.

Pics Yo!

I will post pics as soon as she gets her new shoes later today, and I take her to get an alignment :wink2:

Edited by kaze_v8 (see edit history)

Ok first of all in rear once you take the bracket off will bottom out on axle. 5 inch drop I always notch the frame no way around it.

What rear kit did you use to lower it 5 inchEs? I've been lowering the sss for over 12 years now so I can dial in your truck just need to know what parts you went with? Shock extenderS in back? Shorter shocks in back?

ok you will need to notch the frame no way around it unless you like smacking axle on frame. When you remove the oem bumpstops you will have about 1.5 inches before axle hits frame so any bump you hit it will slaP. You will need to notch the rear. The belltexh notch is 290 shipped and actually boxes in the rear frame making it stronger

• 7 months later...