New best for the STS Z71!!!

F8L Z71

Justin, if you could e-mail me the number to the dyno that would be great. what kind of dyno is it? rollers or a hub hookup? do you know for sure if it will work for the SS? thanks.

i saved your number and i will give you a call the next time i go out to the track.

so what did i miss?? did you get flooded?? water soaking?? what happened, sorry i just feel lost....must not have hurt too much...great times!!

Brian

I was a dork and drove from fremont to Lincoln in a pouring down, monsoon style rain storm we had a about a month ago and I decided to floor it in high boost to race this Titan. Well my huge filter sits right under the gap between my bed and cab and everytime I slow down water rolls off the roof right onto it, plus just getting plain soaked from not having the drycharger sock over it. I sucked up a ton of water and when I tried to floor it, it reved up really quick then just fell on it's face. Over the next few dyas I kept trying to floor it in low boost (after checking obvious things under the hood) and it was slowly starting to get btter but still felt really bad and shaky. Some to find out I had a couple cups worth of water in my IC and it was hitting the MAF and causing the ARF to go whacko. I did a compression check and am low on 2 cylinders and have this ugly knocking noise at startup and sometimes while idling warm... :banghead:

I ran it at the track anyway since I couldn't do much more harm and the motor was planned to get replaced anyway. :devil: So not too bad with only 140psi, 160psi and the rest of the cylinders were 185psi.

Ohh, I did some testing with filter size and the "sock" during our last rain storm and I found that with the small filter and the sock I had zero issues in low boost. Take the sock off and I sucked up some more water. :( So in all, you can be totally weather proof if you keep the sock on, or buy the snorkle kit STS sells. :)

Archived