Stupid questions

jsanders347

Finally got the right part and got everything back together. Didn't think to unhook the battery cable while I was doing everything so I got it all back together and the CEL was still on. Disconnected the battery and the CEL went off. Hope I never have to do it again.

sanders,

I had the same problem. Apparently on the 03 silverados they were a different part all together for the GM bulletin. is the one you took off square not cylindrical? I am curious because I replaced it with the same exact part and CEL came back on the next day... did you replace it with the one asset showed a picture of?

sanders,

I had the same problem. Apparently on the 03 silverados they were a different part all together for the GM bulletin. is the one you took off square not cylindrical? I am curious because I replaced it with the same exact part and CEL came back on the next day... did you replace it with the one asset showed a picture of?

The one I took off was square. The one they gave me was cylindrical but it had two ports to connect hoses. One was for the quick disconnect and the other was a barb fitting that I had no hose to attach to. But I did end up replacing it with square one just like the original. This is my second day of driving just to make sure the issue is resolved and the CEL is still off... knock on wood. Edited by Sanders (see edit history)