ticking

sswolfpac

My truck was pretty good up until about 95k miles when I looked at trading it. They offered me 10k and looking back, I should have taken it. The truck has been falling apart since I decided to keep it. Knock sensors, wheel bearings and now I have a whining fuel pump, front end needs to be rebuilt, clear coat is failing. Oh yeah, 2nd gear is now slipping. Only has 100k miles now. The whole "no car payment" thing got the best of me and now it looks like I'll be paying for it.

If it's the manifold bolts it's an easy fix. I just did manifolds and pulled broken bolts on my 2500 'burb 6.0. Pretty straight forward job, pulling the wheels & wheel wells makes it much easier to get at. Also, if you go that route I would suggest a new dip stick tube. Mine broke when changing the passenger side manifold. Used plenty of penetrating oil & a slide hammer to extract remaining tube from block. And most importantly, use AC Delco manifold gaskets! I believe total cost was around $275.00 and 8 hours of my life that I will never get back. It does run & sound better now though. Or if you don't have headers yet...............