Can I look at your .bin file?

Kendall

I was wondering if anyone here would be able/willing to share their .bin file?  I have HP Tuners and I would like to look at what others have done.

I'd share mine with you Kendall, but its pretty wild and definitely set up for the turbo.

Here's what I'd do if I were you:

1) Disable the MAF (but you need the IAT sensor working!) and set your VE table:

-run the scanner with the histogram up and set on the LTFT page

-log for 15- 20 minutes, trying to hit every cell on the table below 4400 rpm (do this by keeping it in 1st / 2nd gear and winding it up slowly -- No WOT, no throttle stabs -- try to drive as smoothly as you can)

-Once you have the histogram as full as possible (some cells you can't hit while driving) take the values you see and add enough to the VE cell corresponding to the cell in the histo to make that cell == -1 (e.g. if you see -5, add -4 and if you see 5 add 6).

-reflash your pcm

-open the scanner and clear the LTFTs

-drive the car around as if you were logging and once you have the table filled, restart the scanner and logg for 15-20 minutes, rinse and repeat until all cells are at -1

2) reenable your MAF, log the LTFTs and then step your MAF table until you see the same LTFT values as with the MAF unplugged

3) with the VE and MAF done, work on PE -- its best to have a wideband for this step, but if you don't try to make each rpm range in the AF histogram table == 870ish (for the WOT values) -- Keep your eye on the KR and if you see a lot, back off on the timing until PE is done

4) with the PE dialed in, work on the timing table -- increase by a stepsize of 4 in the range you are working on and when you see KR, stop and fall back 2 degrees in that range. DON'T allow the truck to downshift into WOT or you'll most likely see KR that isn't related to your timing tables...

5) work on the tranny if you want to (I would)

This is just a brief explaination -- post up some questions as you do each step if you get confused or weird results.

i would...but you won't be able to view mine...2003 here.

Ah, that is no longer true! I have just upgraded to version 1.5 and I can now read any year and make supported by HP Tuners!!!! I can't write to them, but we can now view them! Please email it to [email protected] if don't mind. I would greatly appreciate it.

I was wondering if anyone here would be able/willing to share their .bin file?  I have HP Tuners and I would like to look at what others have done.

I'd share mine with you Kendall, but its pretty wild and definitely set up for the turbo.

Here's what I'd do if I were you:

1) Disable the MAF (but you need the IAT sensor working!) and set your VE table:

-run the scanner with the histogram up and set on the LTFT page

-log for 15- 20 minutes, trying to hit every cell on the table below 4400 rpm (do this by keeping it in 1st / 2nd gear and winding it up slowly -- No WOT, no throttle stabs -- try to drive as smoothly as you can)

-Once you have the histogram as full as possible (some cells you can't hit while driving) take the values you see and add enough to the VE cell corresponding to the cell in the histo to make that cell == -1 (e.g. if you see -5, add -4 and if you see 5 add 6).

-reflash your pcm

-open the scanner and clear the LTFTs

-drive the car around as if you were logging and once you have the table filled, restart the scanner and logg for 15-20 minutes, rinse and repeat until all cells are at -1

2) reenable your MAF, log the LTFTs and then step your MAF table until you see the same LTFT values as with the MAF unplugged

3) with the VE and MAF done, work on PE -- its best to have a wideband for this step, but if you don't try to make each rpm range in the AF histogram table == 870ish (for the WOT values) -- Keep your eye on the KR and if you see a lot, back off on the timing until PE is done

4) with the PE dialed in, work on the timing table -- increase by a stepsize of 4 in the range you are working on and when you see KR, stop and fall back 2 degrees in that range. DON'T allow the truck to downshift into WOT or you'll most likely see KR that isn't related to your timing tables...

5) work on the tranny if you want to (I would)

This is just a brief explaination -- post up some questions as you do each step if you get confused or weird results.

Wow! This is great information. I'll follow your receipe and tell you how it goes. Also, how do you unplug the MAF, but leave the IAT? I thought the IAT was part of the MAF?

Wow!  This is great information.  I'll follow your receipe and tell you how it goes.  Also, how do you unplug the MAF, but leave the IAT?  I thought the IAT was part of the MAF?

You either need to jumper the two IAT wires between the plug and the MAF, or cut the MAF sender wire (and resolder or reconnect with a bridge afterwards). Sounds drastic, but either method works and is just temporary.

Ah, that is no longer true! I have just upgraded to version 1.5 and I can now read any year and make supported by HP Tuners!!!! I can't write to them, but we can now view them! Please email it to [email protected] if don't mind. I would greatly appreciate it.

There are only 2 people here that have HP Tuners?

There are only 2 people here that have HP Tuners?

THere are a couple more -- there is also an HPT bin repository on the net HPT .bin site

Dang, Kendall - I completely forgot to get back to your email! Sorry about that.

I have a few bins up on the HPT repository... you can check it out there... http://www.horist.com/hptuner/

My current one is pretty similar - mainly with more changes to the timing table, DFCO disabled... and some PE stuff too. I'll try to get it up there later in the day...

• 2 months later...

Archived