My fever just broke............

MARTYW

Same here. I upgraded my radio with a 2 DIN Pioneer unit that does everything a new truck does, almost. I bought a back up camera, but never installed it. I still love my SSS. Some times I wish it wasnt so thirsty so I would not mind driving it more. I have a Trailblazer as a DD, so the SSS sits most of the time. It runs and drives as good as new, so I dont know why I'm even looking. I suppose the sticker shock is what stirred me up. I guess I'm at a different stage in life where vehicle cost is more painful than in the past. I hope I can score a NBS after they are out for a while. No hurry though. Im not on foot patrol or anything. If I wait a while, I may can get one and keep the SSS. That sounds like a much better idea anyway.

yes i agree. these trucks have been getting marked up to a new level. i test drove a 2015 tahoe LT back when i had my 07 LTZ its a nice truck i was loving it until i saw the price. the price of an LT was more than the sticker for my LTZ. i would rather own a benz or bmw if i was going to have to pay that kind of money.

Same here. I upgraded my radio with a 2 DIN Pioneer unit that does everything a new truck does, almost. I bought a back up camera, but never installed it. I still love my SSS. Some times I wish it wasnt so thirsty so I would not mind driving it more. I have a Trailblazer as a DD, so the SSS sits most of the time. It runs and drives as good as new, so I dont know why I'm even looking. I suppose the sticker shock is what stirred me up. I guess I'm at a different stage in life where vehicle cost is more painful than in the past. I hope I can score a NBS after they are out for a while. No hurry though. Im not on foot patrol or anything. If I wait a while, I may can get one and keep the SSS. That sounds like a much better idea anyway.

I think that you've got a good thought process about it Marty.

I've only ever bought one new car in my life and have been putting a lot of thought into doing it again lately, (Retire with something really dependable for a few years), but realistically, I am old enough that I probably won't work long enough to pay off a 40,000k vehicle (At least with wages). Buying something even just a couple years used makes so much more sense for someone in my situation.

When I was looking for a new DD last year I looked at a new crew cab Silverado. The sticker was 52K and had everything in it, heated and cooled leater, moonroof, you name it, it had it. The test drive was amazing, best comfort around in my opinion. The sales guy would not budge on the sticker other then some BS like 2k for rebates and was offering me 9k trade in on my paid off car. The payments were over $700/month for 80 months. I ended up trading in my DD for the same exact make and model I had but brand new and got almost 5k more on trade in and my payments are $400/month.