My fever just broke............

MARTYW

After my wife buying a new car, I got the fever to look at the new Chevys. I love the new body style. I never warmed up to the last one, but the new ones I'd love to have. Especially the special editions. The Midnight package and the Blacked out package are very sexy. Then, I saw the prices on the new ones, and Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!!! My fever broke and I have come to my senses. 50K+ for a half ton truck? Are folks really forking that out for them???? I guess they are, but I just cant stomach it.

Edited by MARTYW (see edit history)

Yeah I was talking about this with my co workers today, and its absurd how hyped up prices are now.

We brought up a potential Jeep Hellcat, and I bet thatll be in the 70k range.

That's probably the price for a decent home down here in the south, I think ill stick to my SS for a little while longer.

Just think the SS was 43k back in 03. My new Denali loaded was 53k so in 12 years 10k. That's just the way it goes and will get a lot higher believe me. Just took my 1st trip in it and it's worth every penny. Rides great has power out the ass has great fuel Milage and has a ton of room. 50k truck will be the norm. Look up the stats on new trucks. I believe most trucks bought in the U.S. Are at least 40 to 45k.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

I know its a little off topic, because ive been trying to find a for sure answer all day, but did GM produce the Cheyenne after all?

I saw one parked out front of a dealership for a few days not to long ago.

I know its a little off topic, because ive been trying to find a for sure answer all day, but did GM produce the Cheyenne after all?

I saw one parked out front of a dealership for a few days not to long ago.

It was probably one of those SCA silverados. I think they can be bought with a Whipple too, but in the end they are still just a conversion just like the regency was.

After my wife buying a new car, I got the fever to look at the new Chevys. I love the new body style. I never warmed up to the last one, but the new ones I'd love to have. Especially the special editions. The Midnight package and the Blacked out package are very sexy. Then, I saw the prices on the new ones, and Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!!! My fever broke and I have come to my senses. 50K+ for a half ton truck? Are folks really forking that out for them???? I guess they are, but I just cant stomach it.

I agree with you there. I love the new Silverados as well, but yeah the price is ridiculous, but its the same for all new vehicles, especially trucks and SUVs.

One of the main reasons im a seriously looking at a new Colorado is that it will do everything I would need it to do, but fully loaded they are only like $35K vs $45K for a similar Silverado. Plus that new Diesel is looking pretty awesome.

I'm with you Marty I like them too but they are a lot of cash, I will prob get one when my son turns 16 and I give him my SS.

LOL! Same boat, and I don't even have any kids yet.

I bought a couple new rides that had sticker prices of 43K, but I was living at home and not married or have any kids. Im now married with 3 kids, and I just cannot see how an average family man can afford them. I was looking at one of the blacked out Z71 models, and if I paid 12K down, the payment would be $883 a month for 60 months. If I traded in my SSS and my Trailblazer, Im sure it would still be $600+ a month. I will just have to keep my current rides and be happy. Honestly, I dont see me trading the SSS anyway. I did find an 09 Denali truck I really liked for $20K, but after looking, it had 170K miles. As much as it costs to live these days, I just dont see how people are standing these monster payments. I realize it is all in what you decide to spend your money on. To each their own, but with a house mortgage and the cost of running a household, I cant do it. And I live in a household with a combined 6 figure income. I hope this does not sound like a rant, and Im proud for folks who can, but I'm definitely off the market for now. It would be like having 2 house payments!

I bought a couple new rides that had sticker prices of 43K, but I was living at home and not married or have any kids. Im now married with 3 kids, and I just cannot see how an average family man can afford them. I was looking at one of the blacked out Z71 models, and if I paid 12K down, the payment would be $883 a month for 60 months. If I traded in my SSS and my Trailblazer, Im sure it would still be $600+ a month. I will just have to keep my current rides and be happy. Honestly, I dont see me trading the SSS anyway. I did find an 09 Denali truck I really liked for $20K, but after looking, it had 170K miles. As much as it costs to live these days, I just dont see how people are standing these monster payments. I realize it is all in what you decide to spend your money on. To each their own, but with a house mortgage and the cost of running a household, I cant do it. And I live in a household with a combined 6 figure income. I hope this does not sound like a rant, and Im proud for folks who can, but I'm definitely off the market for now. It would be like having 2 house payments!

Youll be surprised how many times ive had this same conversation with folks.

Seems like those who are buying these vehicles are the ones living day by day, and that my friend is not a lifestyle to me.

Bought my 13 LTZ in November/December 12 for 44k.

.....still kicking myself for not upgrading to the 6.2 for $1200

6.2 FTW B :P These trucks are expensive like you guys said, but if you want one you will have to put a chunk down. My payments aren't bad at all so i don't have to stress to much. My boss has a damn nice 2014 Silverado for 37k

Yeah Im with you.... I have a good job and wonder how people afford them. That's how I ended up with my SSS. I have enough friends that still work for the general I could have gotten an employee deal but it was still a crazy amount for what I wanted. I love my low mile SSS and am glad I bought it. About the only thing my truck is missing from a new one is a backup camera (which eventually I will address) remote start not that big of a deal and Bluetooth. Otherwise it's just about as good as a new one.

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)