I just drove my 3 day old SS up a canyon in the middle of snow hail and rain. A lot of cars were having a tough time with hydoplaning and sliding. I drove up at a healthy - but safe - speed. I was curious as to how it would take the rivers of water and slush, especially with the meaty rubber. Not to worry -> stable as a rock. No slip, no slide. No followers. :thumbs:

I was curious as to how it would take the rivers of water and slush, especially with the meaty rubber.  Not to worry -> stable as a rock.  No slip, no slide.  No followers. :thumbs:

Thanks for the SS handling in inclement weather info. SSS :thumbs:

Like Chevy advertises, "Like A Rock" and 'We'll Be There", sounds appropriate for the driving venture you just described :D:chevy::D:chevy:

that's how the add works for the system, but not exactly how the system works. back to my question, how do you think it helps? hydroplaning is a speed related issue and has nothing to do with it's drive system along with sliding around. side and stopping forces are also not directly related to an awd system.

that's how the add works for the system, but not exactly how the system works. back to my question, how do you think it helps? hydroplaning is a speed related issue and has nothing to do with it's drive system along with sliding around. side and stopping forces are also not directly related to an awd system.

:sick::shakehead:

I know what you are saying but... I just got back from a 1000mi. trip with my SS. Thirty-five miles of that trip was in a huge down poor (with tornado warnings). I was able to go 75mph without hydro planning. If you push it passed that there was a little bit and I backed off. I was amazed how well the vehicle handled overall. The tred patern on the tire may have a lot to do with it.

Archived