Looking for some advice

Mason1000

Guys I have become completely obsessed with getting a sss since I have recently sold my 81 z28 and my 2010 srt8 charger. I now only have my lifted 08 ram 3500 to drive it makes stupid power but gets boring to drive as it is a mega cab and huge!!!

I am looking at three right now one is a completely done black ss with a forged 408 and a magna charger on it with a built 4l80 in it but his asking price is 24 grand and the build has 100,000km on it. the other is all stock mint shape red as with a blown trans for $6700 with 225,000 km on it, And the other is a all stock sss with just a magna charger on it and has 184,000km on it .

I would like to do a turboed 408 with a six speed conversion on the truck but I am not sure if I am willing to lose the awd to do it. Also what would a chrome magna charger setup be worth with a spare snout? As I would like a intercooled turbo or a pro charger because I am not sure if the magnacharger mp122 will support what I would like to do.

The one with the blown tranny sounds like the deal to me. Being stock its a blank slate. If it really is in mint shape, (other than the blown trans), that's the one I would go for.

The modified ones may be just fine, or they may have been ragged on pretty hard, too. I would rather do the mods myself and know how they were done and how the truck was driven after mods.

Good luck with your shopping.

That's a hard call, but I agree that if you aren't completely happy with the build of the black one, that the red blank slate truck would be your best bet. I would completely advise against a 6 speed swap. You would lose the awd and if you plan on a t56, it's gonna be way too weak to support power in such a heavy vehicle. Even a built one is gonna give you major headaches unless you only putt around. With the red on, you would have an extra 15-20K to build the setup you want and be around the price of the black one. Just my $.02

I have a tremendous magnum t56 sitting on the garage floor doing nothing lol. That's why I was thinking of swapping it... Well that and it's way more fun banging gears!! When I sold the camaro I put the 4 speed back in it and kept the t56 so I have almost everything. I am in Canada and have been searching up here but can only find about 15 for sale up here and they are either junk or way overpriced. Is there a site to do a search down in the states? I tried Craig's list but you have to go state by state!!!

Try this....

http://www.cargurus.com

I also vote for autotrader. I found mine on there ironically when I was on the opposite coast at a business meeting. Mine was like 30 miles from my house. I would search for all silverados as many dealers don't list truck correctly.