AC drops out after 70MPH

A_FUrious

Like the title states, I recently noticed during highway driving that my AC stops compressing after 70mph, once I go 1mph under it kicks back in. It's not intermittent, it only happens at that point. The only change done recently is a Zippy Tune. Has anyone else had a similar issue like this?

Like the title states, I recently noticed during highway driving that my AC stops compressing after 70mph, once I go 1mph under it kicks back in. It's not intermittent, it only happens at that point. The only change done recently is a Zippy Tune. Has anyone else had a similar issue like this?

I'm def not an a/c tech, but look into the high pressure switch I think it's called.

I have the opposite issue lol.

My A\c wont blow freezing cold until I'm hitting highway speeds.

You might need to have the system vacuumed and recharged with freon.

Thanks for the info. I thought I'd ask here before delving into trying to troubleshoot. I inicially thought it was tune related, or a failing drive on the compressor. It's just perculiar that @ 70 it drops out. I guess I'll have to run some gauges and amp meter n hop on the highway to see what's happening. Quite odd..

• 2 weeks later...

That is quite strange. I don't remember if you had a pcm sent to you or not, but if I sent you one my first question would be did you do the crank learn? With a crank learn not performed the pcm can pick up a faulse missfire condition and turn off the a/c as a result. You may have to have someone scan it to see if it is speed only related, or rpm, or pressure, or... Let me know if there is anything I can do on my side.