Which muffler should I get?

Baylinermike

I have an 04 SS. I have been searching the forum for a while but can't find exactly what I need (probably an operator error ?). It has a magna flow dual exhaust on it and I really dislike the sound. It's too smooth for my liking and I can hardly hear it at idle. I want something raspy and mean sounding while cruising and idling, but also want a nice sound. I've had a few 90's silverados with flowmaster 40 series, super 40s, and super 44's. I don't want to replace the whole exhaust, just the muffler. I also don't want to get into headers or hi-flow cats quite yet. Which muffler will sound mean at all speeds? Probably like finding a needle in a haystack without changing headers. I'm not really worried about drone. Any Input it welcome. If there is a thread about this I appologize. Videos welcome! Thank you.

I don't think corsa sells just mufflers by themself's? Just the whole catback! My first Muffler was a duel in/out magnaflow and I thought it was to quiet also. so I changed it to a super40 flowmaster duel in/out and it went from mild to wild sounding! If you want loud all the time? Get the flowmaster!!!

I don't think corsa sells just mufflers by themself's? Just the whole catback! My first Muffler was a duel in/out magnaflow and I thought it was to quiet also. so I changed it to a super40 flowmaster duel in/out and it went from mild to wild sounding! If you want loud all the time? Get the flowmaster!!!

Your correct Corsa only sells complete systems you can't buy just the muffer. Maybe if you can find a used system you might be able to find just the muffler. I think my truck has what looks like a flowmaster. It's not bad but some days the cab resonance drives me crazy. It's a decent looking muffler shop custom bent exhaust. Previous owner put on but its aluminized steel and when it rots out I'm getting a Corsa.

Dyno Max bullets are mean sounding and loud

They sure are. That's why I've been staying with them for so long. Courtesy of my bro Muggs. They sound good and make people back up a step on the curb when they hear the meaness coming lol

I feel like I've youtubed every SS exhaust under the sun. So far I keep going back to the Corsa Sport. Any input? Do they make a dual in/out I can just weld in place of the magna flow? I'm guessing the pipes are 2.5"

From your first post wanting aggressive sound at idle and cruising you don't want Corsa. I have a Sport cat back and it sounds like a nascar truck when you are into the throttle but almost stock otherwise. Perfect for me but not what you're looking for. I'm sure somebody here can line you up with the perfect combination.

I loved the super 40 muffler on my old truck. I might got with that. It it loud at idle on these trucks?

I could here my truck at idle! But as soon as you step on the gas peddle you definitely here it! I'm with you! I don't give a crap about drone!! Lol!

Always been a magnaflow guy. My SS is pretty damn loud and sounds Mean. My next mufflers will be Bassani. They are a little pricey but I think they will sound badass. All preference. Some guys like Flowcrappers personally I think there bottom of the barrel.