Low oil light staying on.

Blown 346

I know this isn't Silverado related, but figured I would pick some brains. I just got my LS1 2000 SS running after 6 years due to a bad trans. Everything was fine until the low oil light came on. The next day it was off and then came on and stayed on. I already replaced the oil level sensor in the pan. Checked the wiring to that harness for broken wires, loose wires etc and came up empty. The car is full of oil, my Autometer oil gauge reads fine. But the factory oil gauge is pegged. I have thought about the oil pressure sending unit, but that would cause my Autometer gauge to not read oil pressure..?

I'm at a loss. I have been all over the car since it has sat and taking care of trans lines etc, and now this is the last thing that staring me in the face. Any thoughts are welcome.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

I know this isn't Silverado related, but figured I would pick some brains. I just got my LS1 2000 SS running after 6 years due to a bad trans. Everything was fine until the low oil light came on. The next day it was off and then came on and stayed on. I already replaced the oil level sensor in the pan. Checked the wiring to that harness for broken wires, loose wires etc and came up empty. The car is full of oil, my Autometer oil gauge reads fine. But the factory oil gauge is pegged. I have thought about the oil pressure sending unit, but that would cause my Autometer gauge to not read oil pressure..?

I'm at a loss. I have been all over the car since it has sat and taking care of trans lines etc, and now this is the last thing that staring me in the face. Any thoughts are welcome.

My guess is your ipc (gauge cluster) is bad....

Now I re read your post I'm guessing a camaro? If it was a Silverado I would say ipc since it's common. On your car it might be your pressure sender. Either the autometer uses stock sender or someone added a second backup sender? Did you put car together? That or I would see where backup gauge was spliced into harness might have a issue there?

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)