ABS light and brake light on the dash stays

nippy

As a few of you know I had a frontal accident in August.Just got the truck back recently.Had a few little probs. here and there but the main thing is the ABS and brake light indicators keep coming on along with the dreaded chime.Seems like its after the breaks get warmed up or at high speeds on the interstate.I came home from Ft.Laudedale the other day and it got worse and worse untill it finally was just a steady thing while driving the interstate.My dealer is probably the worst I have ever been involved with.They took 3 months to fix the truck and Im still getting these problems.Anybody had the indicator lights stuck on or periodically come on.Im sure it was the result of the crash but you would think the dealer could fix it.Also when I hit the rear window defrost button...the dash lights dim and the battery level drops a few bars.Little stuff but it drives me crazy on a $40K truck.Any good mechanics out there? :banghead:

that sux man. at least you know its limited to electrical problems... could be worse... but thats probably not how your looking at it. good luck :thumbs:

Have you tried going to a different dealer? Your warranty should be good at any chevy dealer. :dunno:

I figured since they have had 3 months into it I would let them finish it up.They told me they drove it for around 20 miles and never had the indicators come on.I had it today for less then 20 miles but hit some higher speeds and thats when it chimed and then came on.Guess I have to take the teck for a hell ride untill it comes on. :confused:

The lights dimming sound like a battery or alternator problem either the battery isn't holding a charge or alt. isn't putting out. My guess if it sat in body shop for three months the battery went dead and it isn't holding charge anymore. The ABS problem sounds like they will have to hook scanner up to and find code for the problem. The biggest problem with ABS is dirty wheel speed sensors again probably from sitting outside and rotors rusting and the rust collecting on sensors when you started driving it again but thats just a guess.

call the dealer asap and let them know the problems.it's just not fair for you to have any problems after the repairs.ask them if they will take it back in right away.if they give you any problems you can always call chevy customer satisfaction.when they fix it make sure.take it for a ride and verify all the problems werw fixed.if not bring it back on the spot.most dealers are decent,but some definetly are not.

So far they been saying bring it in first thing and they give me a rental.So I cant complain about that....the body shop guy told me they ran a bunch of codes on it and everything looked OK.In a former post I asked what everybody thought about me keeping the truck after such a severe collision......most said dump it it will never be the same.Im starting to think thats true.I wrecked it before I made my first payment...Im now on my 4th payment and half my friends have NOT even seen the truck yet...its like a big arrival blue myth. :sigh:

Archived