Where to get a front diff.

Jon,

I would not use that diff with those cracks there. Thats pretty bad, you should go and bitch about it to GM. That shouldn't happen unless you hit something with the diff.

Well his truck is how old with how many miles? At some point you need to be an owner.... They would laugh at you if you bitched to GM. Just saying.....

Some of these trucks are 13 years old with God knows how many miles..... Stuff wears out eventually!

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i just installed one from Provenforce yesterday as well and the ride is nice and quiet again. With the 10% off they offer for first time customer it really is a good deal. Good thing replacing the front diff in these trucks is pretty simple.

I agree the price was good seems really tight compared to the stock 170,000 mile one I pulled out I couldn't have been happier local shop gave me a price 100 below there's but to be able to just swap it out in a couple hours and not have to wait for someone else (priceless)

So I priced out the rebuild kit and the labor. Looks like I can get my diff rebuilt for around $530 locally (Parts and labor included. I am going to pull it myself). My question is, do I have the right rebuild kit?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Yukon+Gear/807/YKGM8.25IFSB/10002/-1