Mass air flow sensor

SJ GIO

So I was driving my truck this weekend when the check engine light came on plug in my code reader and said my mass airflow sensor had an error should I just replace it and what can be the cause

I wouldn't just start just throwing parts at it. Do you have an oiled filter like a k and n? Did you recently work on your truck? I would inspect the connector make sure connector is in good condition and wires and pins are making good contact.

Then you most likely over oiled your k and n. I saw TONS of that when I wrote service at a Chevy dealer for a few years.... That is why I hate them. I only use dry filters for that reason. You can try and clean your MAF but you may need to buy a new one depending how bad it is. I wouldn't drive to long I had a few customers who fried their transmission due to over oiled MAFs. Any type of oiled filter is junk in my opinion for that reason.... Yes if you don't over oil they are usually fine but why chance it? I made a lot of money from people over oiling a few years ago.....

I replaced the oiled turd from my FIPK with the AMSOIL EA filter. It's the same nanofiber material used in the Donaldson (They're partner companies, so they share the material). The blue looks great on the truck and never had any issues.

Exactly! That's why I went with a AEM intake! Looks better to!! Oiled filters suck!![/quote

I like my volant with the Donaldson dry filter.

I looked at the volant before I got my AEM but it looked to stock for me! I liked the look of the AEM better! But I'm sure the volant is a great intake too!
Edited by SS RIDIN (see edit history)