PCM info please

stevebbb

I've went through lots of old posts about PCM's but still have some questions. Where is the PCM? How hard is to change? Will my radio theft lock activate? I've had some problems there already. The big thing I would like would be firmer shifts. Can my dealer tell I've changed it? if so will he care? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

I've went through lots of old posts about PCM's but still have some questions. Where is the PCM?  How hard is to change?  Will my radio theft lock activate? I've had some problems there already. The big thing I would like would be firmer shifts. Can my dealer tell I've changed it? if so will he care? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.    :)

Steve, here's a link to some PCM installation instructions I have so you can see where it is and how to swap it.

The Radio theft lock will activate every time you disconnect the battery unless you put one of those 9 volt battery power savers in your cig outlet before you disconnect. The dealer cannot detect a tuned PCM, and would only know it's there if he saw the sticker on it. I just took the cover off my stock PCM and swapped it onto my Wester's tuned PCM, now I don't have to worry. Firmer shifts are easy with a custom tune.

http://groups.msn.com/AdvancedProducts/gen...461466771808474

Butch 02 Sierra Denali

Archived