Rear Diff Opinions.

I have a 8.8 10 GM Diff, stock axles. I blew the locker up twice, so last time i put a new diff housing with axles and put in a Auburn locker. Supposedly what i hear that its the same locker Camaros and Corvettes use. Its no longer Limited slip. Well im coming into the diff service. (broke it in) Im looking to get Royal Purple 75w-140 or another great fluid, with BG LS2 Fluid additive. Im wondering if i should get a diff cover than the ugly stock cover. I dont see many choices with the realm of GM Performance i cannot find. Im wondering if maybe the same diff cover used in a corvette or camaro would fit on mine?

Any suggestions on fluid, additive. diff cover or anything would help. First time with a performance locker..

Yeah man! I think most all the girdles are made by the same company including the T/A. With that and the diff you already have, you should have a stout enough rear end without adding the extra 80 lbs that a 14 bolt weighs.

There you go! Only reason I didn't go T/A was because summit doesn't sell it and I order the tru trac, gears, install kit and all the bearings and arp at one time. Didn't wanna dick with separate orders....plus my axles are moser...gotta represent lol

I am using the moser girdle. It adds a little extra capacity and along with my arp studs for the caps, it should hold that differential pretty solid. It is a stout piece.

Screenshot_2015-12-17-03-00-42.png

Totally off topic but I like your garage floor!

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

lol thanks man. I was invited to work on a 1932 pierce arrow on pebble beach golf course that was competing in the concourse de elegance and the garage looked like mine but 10X better. It was my inspiration lol.

Heck yeah that an awesome floor!

Yeah I felt like it was a good combo, and the locker wasn't to much money either. I just want a little bit more of safety with a bigger cover that sticks out more, and looks a lot better than the stock cover!

1BAD2K, do you happen to have a part number on the moser diff cover? I found the arp bolts, maybe when I'm there I can do the Tahoe brake conversation!

I mean I found the arp bolts for the diff cover, not the caps! Where did you get those?! Haha

Thanks man and yes i do. Moser 7107 should be the girdle and the stud kit for rhe caps should be ta-1815 or yga-32271 which is yukon gear and axle rebranded. They are all arp though. Do you know the part number for the arp bolts to hold the cover on? I have it to somewhere but I know the hardware the send with it is garbage and doesn't work. Double check those are the parts you need, but I think those numbers are correct.

lol thanks man. I was invited to work on a 1932 pierce arrow on pebble beach golf course that was competing in the concourse de elegance and the garage looked like mine but 10X better. It was my inspiration lol.

I've seen that floor coating and it is NICE... a bit pricy though. I am not going to do on a house until I know I'm going to stay for a while. Getting transferred around every two years is hard I don't want to put money into a house I know I will be leaving... lol