Shipping your Vehicle/ Eshiptransport and SGC Inc Carrier

SSmoothSilSS

If most of you, like me have never used a auto carrier, here is my experience. I hired Eshiptransport (broker) to ship my Silverado SS Clone, first most of these companies are brokers and don't have there own auto carriers, they give you a quote and call and find a trucking company that will do it for less and make a few hundred.

So you sign a contract with the broker for the price and delivery time. But the broker insurance will not cover any damage, so when it comes time you do not have a contract with the trucking company. And they blow it off and if they did nothing and to go after there driver.

So Eshipstrasport hired SGC Inc Carrier to pick up my truck, I told Eship my truck was a low riding truck and to make sure they knew that. They said they did. SGC Inc Carrier showed and and ran it up on the ramps and scraped the front cover and broke off the air duct, braking the tab off and scuffing them both up. Small but repaint and air ducts are not cheap. So do to this I'm having a hard time getting my damage paid for, I sent them 3 estimates, and average of $700 dollars to repaint the front bumper and to replace the damage air duct. They just flat out said were not paying for it.

So read your contract and get a signed contract also with the auto carrier and all there insurance information.

Dollar amount may not be worth getting a lawyer involved unless you're friends with one that will write a letter to them without charging you a fee, or if there's any chance you could get them for the repair amount PLUS lawyer's fees.

Sucks to hear they're doing you this way; it always seemed to me that getting brokers involved with shipping makes things sketchy. Problem is, a lot of them seem like they're pretending to be the shipper instead of coming out and telling you they're just middlemen looking to profit without getting their hands dirty.

In the past (many years ago now so I dunno how relevant it is) I used DAS to move a few cars cross-country and had good results. The guys that pick up with the rollback are going to be independent contractors for sure, but they showed up with DAS paperwork to do a pre-existing damage assessment and were pretty thorough. No problems at either end in those shipments, including one which was a damn nice '71 Impala convertible (think: the Shark from Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, exact same car and shade of red.)

Wish I could remember what POS company I hired to ship a Harley overseas and they never showed up; had to get a different company at the last minute as I was moving and couldn't just leave the bike where it was. Was probably 10 years ago now so memory is fuzzy as I had a lot of other stuff on my mind then too with the move.

Richard

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. Have you filed a complaint with the BBB? It isn't much but it may save others some heartache.

Yes, I am going to do that.

Have you tried talking to a lawyer about this? I wouldn't take no for an answer and make those mfers pay

Thinking about this, family member is a lawyer, he may do it for a small fee.

Sucks to hear they're doing you this way; it always seemed to me that getting brokers involved with shipping makes things sketchy. Problem is, a lot of them seem like they're pretending to be the shipper instead of coming out and telling you they're just middlemen looking to profit without getting their hands dirty.

Richard

Thats about what happen.

Edited by SSmoothSilSS (see edit history)