transfer case

Besides motor smelling like antifreeze. But no leak. Dealer says. Need new transfer case. Quote new for 1500$ installed wit new part 2,000. Seems bit pricy. Anyone wit. Intel on used one cost ... and y would motor smell like antifreeze. No leak. Water pump ok. No head gasket issue. Thanks.

I think your asking why you would smell coolant in engine area but see no visible leaks? I had same issue on my 2006 SS. As a preventive maintenance item I replaced EVERY coolant hose as they were 9 years old even though truck only had 48k. I found that one of my hoses was leaking ever so slightly. When I removed the hose you could see the white dried coolant residue. If your hoses haven't been replaced I would do it. I also took the opportunity when I had hoses off to replace the t stat and the plastic connectors at the heater core as well. I also refilled with fresh Dex Cool as the coolant looked original and I don't think previous owner had ever serviced cooling system. I finally topped it off with a new pressure cap. I got most my parts at Rock Auto (I bought all AC Delco) but had to get the plastic heater core nipples at the the dealer as its a GM only item.

I tow with mine occasionally and in general don't like being stuck on the side of the road for stupid issues. I am big on preventative maintenance but that is just me.....

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)